Author Topic: Court Rules That Politicians Blocking Followers Violates Free Speech  (Read 4209 times)

there's no freedom of speech on the internet.
um that's not true at all lol. what did you think that your legal right to speech dissapeared when you go online? you don't have speech rights on a private platform (like a forum) but if the USFG tried to take down your website because you are critical of the president that would obviously be a violation. no idea where you got that idea since it's completely false.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:04:37 PM by McZealot »

Politicians don't have 100% freedom of speech. They forfeit that when they take office.

PhantOS is right though. If Annoying Orange wants to ban someone from his personal account, he should be able to do it. Neither @POTUS nor @realDonaldAnnoying Orange are his personal account though, he has explicitly made his twitter(s) political and relevant to all American citizens.

If you're being a nuisance to a politician they should be allowed to block you. They're still private citizens. Lol.

except theoretically your public account isn't one you use as a private citizen. so someone shouldn't be able to really 'annoy' you on an account you only do official postings on. its not the public's fault that Annoying Orange uses his public twitter for private use.

If you're being a nuisance to a politician they should be allowed to block you. They're still private citizens. Lol.
I think politicians should have separate private accounts if they really want to benefit from that though.

except theoretically your public account isn't one you use as a private citizen. so someone shouldn't be able to really 'annoy' you on an account you only do official postings on. its not the public's fault that Annoying Orange uses his public twitter for private use.
exactly

of course you would say that
you literally do not know anything about what you're talking about

they are obligated to make sure everyone has equal access to whatever media of communication exists between them and the citizens they affect. silencing particular individuals create unequal access to this communication.
See, this is why I hate the concept of "equality."
Since such a thing does not exist naturally it must be forced.
I really don't think politicians should be forced to give someone a chance to stuffpost on their personal account.

there's no freedom of speech on the internet. unless you explicitly join a forum that guarantees that you can say whatever you want without repercussion, your freedom to say stuff is limited. if Annoying Orange wants to block someone from his own personal account, he can do it

i have a feeling that your definition of "freedom of speech" is very messy if you're going to say this

See, this is why I hate the concept of "equality."
Since such a thing does not exist naturally it must be forced.
I really don't think politicians should be forced to give someone a chance to stuffpost on their personal account.
the application of "equality" was pretty literal, not conceptual. quite literally, all i was saying is that if you ban people from talking to you, they can't talk to you while other people still can. regardless, it was all in the context of an account being used for political engagement, not a personal account used to post selfies and random lifebloggy stuff

this
its the same as getting removed from a speech for screaming incoherently

don't act like a toxic richardhead and you're well off

it's too broad but if it were about specifically the POTUS account or, like, other D.C. politicians' public accounts it'd be fine.

See, this is why I hate equality.
As if it couldn't get more obvious that DrenDran was unironically a fascist.

As if it couldn't get more obvious that DrenDran was unironically a fascist.
Well, you see there different types of equality, I don't think you should go to such extremes as to call him a fascist. Look at this picture, for example.

(apologies for the JPEG this is the best quality in which i could find it)

he's also spoken out against the concept of freedom and identifies as a hypernationalist or something

he's also spoken out against the concept of freedom and identifies as a hypernationalist or something
Really? Can you find evidence for this?