Author Topic: [NEWS] Tranloveual weightlifter wins female's weightlifting competition.  (Read 2990 times)

A man who said he "identifies" as a female has completely dominated the women's weightlifting competition.

People are claiming he has an unfair advantage for being previously a man.

this is true, even if he entered as a woman.

This reminds me of that futurama episode where bender enters the female's bending competion.

Were they an actual transgender or were they one of those people who say they are another gender when they're not?

Were they an actual transgender or were they one of those people who say they are another gender when they're not?

transgender != tranloveual

transgender != tranloveual
My bad

also what is with people using != instead of =/= all of a sudden?

My bad

it's proper formulaic symbolism.

My bad

coding

now, to look at whether or not this would've actually been unfair depends on many things.
having testosterone over estrogen helps to keep your muscle mass, so if this person had fully transitioned well before the competition, it would be totally fair.
otherwise, there's a biological advantage.

There'd be always a biological advantage. You don't lose muscle when your testosterone levels drop.

There'd be always a biological advantage. You don't lose muscle when your testosterone levels drop.
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure you do lose muscle when your testosterone drops.

The greater muscle mass is reported to be due to a greater capacity for muscular hypertrophy as a result of higher levels of circulating testosterone in males.

You do, however, have more room for muscle hypertrophy when you have more testosterone. Essentially, if you're a boy but you've been taking estrogen treatment for the better part of your life, your muscle mass has the same capacity as a woman.

If this tranloveual person wasn't on any hormone-altering regiment it would be biologically unfair because she'd be producing more testosterone than the competitors.

Not immediately, hence why I said "fully transitioned well before the competition".
But testosterone does help you maintain muscle mass. That's entirely the reason steroids are banned.