Author Topic: I'm bored, give me your lore questions to answer  (Read 13417 times)

not really for mcjob but why are the human bosses in soulsborne games so much larger than you

[img width=1000]http://static.gosunoob.com/img/1/2015/04/gehrman-dodge-into-him-phase-2-bloodborne-1024x576.jpg[/img]
[img width=1000]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JNVarlNMOEA/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
dunno about the first hunter but gwyn is actually a "god" (really just big powerful people)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:34:34 AM by Satan From Wreck-It-Ralph »

why is halo reach the best halo game storywise and gameplay wise

t r u f a x
(but ODST has to take the cake for story and atmosphere)

do you like rimworld
No idea what that is.

are the flood really "zombies" so to speak or are they actually concious? can the flood be cured?
All evidence suggests that victims of infection are conscious after infection unless broken down, and Flood Infection cannot be cured. Even dead bodies can be reanimated by Flood Infection (without the consciousness of the individual who once possessed that body), so long as it's not broken up (which is why in Halo 3 you're supposed to melee or use fire to destroy corpses).

The Flood's primary motive is to seek utopia through total control. The idea is that nothing can disagree and there can be no conflict if all are in alignment.

The ultimate state for the Flood is the Gravemind, a giant worm-like being with the power to corrupt AIs, teleport things about and control all Flood units within a certain radius of star systems. All Flood units have the capability to telepathically link with their resident Gravemind, allowing for the transfer of necessary data or orders. But the only way to create (or satisfy) The Gravemind is to obtain mass. This is where the insatiable hunger of the Flood stems from.

Ignoring 343's stuffty backstory; A Flood infection starts off with single airborne spores, and they consume whatever they can to obtain mass. The more mass they obtain, the greater a form an individual Flood unit can transform into. From spores come Infection Forms (Popcorn of Doom), with the capability to burrow into a victim's mind and override their thoughts and desires.

The victim can still think and feel, but they cannot fight the overriding thoughts. Why? The Flood want the memories of the victim, as it allows them to find more food to consume for the Flood whole, as well as just gaining tactical awareness of the situation (in case of consuming military/government targets).

Infection Forms possess bodies to use as Combat Forms. Combat Forms combine with each other (and consume other forms of mass) to turn into Pure Forms, where the original strains of infected victims are broken down to form hardened armour that can be manipulated as needed (see Halo 3's Stalker, Ranged and Tank enemies, which can transform as per needed). As more mass is acquired, you eventually get to the Proto-Gravemind stage. You've seen this once before.

The Proto-Gravemind is when the higher functions of the being start to form. At this stage, and and all mass is sacrificed to build up the Gravemind, be it from existing Flood units, or from fresh targets for the harvest.

Keyes was alive (but resilient to sharing his memories thanks to UNSC mental conditioning training) when you encounter him as a part of the Proto-Gravemind. The Chief removes his implants; necessary to activate the Pillar of Autumn's engines (and destroy the Halo ring), but also kills Keyes (an act of mercy given his state). The Prophet of Regret was claimed after the Chief killed him in the temple on Installation 05 (Delta Halo) and used in the Gravemind's demonstration of why humanity, the elites and the Flood should work together to end the threat of Truth's insanity.

was the halo in halo: combat evolved jesus' halo
No. The Array is a series of intergalactic weapons and science facilities developed by the Forerunners as a means to starve out the Flood. I don't think my man Big JC was too aware of the parasite.

Give me your take on who or what you think Snoke is
Abrams has insisted Snoke is a new character. Popular theories support Darth Plagieus the Wise, but also Palpatine and Vader (both of whom are undisputedly dead).

We just don't have enough to go on right now given that most EU is non-canon.

While I don't personally agree, you are logically correct.

Halo: Reach was Bungie's last hurrah for the Halo franchise, a big send off to what really cemented their place in the industry and built long lasting friendships, communities and companies. After 10+ years of building Halo games, Bungie had a solid idea of what to improve on, and polished every technical aspect of the game (I remember being extremely hyped and satisfied with the changes to Forge and Theatre mode). The success of ODST's minor additions boosted Bungie's confidence in giving the player more control with Firefight and the Campaign itself (customisable characters and multi-path missions).

From a story perspective, Bungie had a place to begin with. It was a very interesting part of the lore we'd only ever read about, and since the ending was known, Bungie couldn't dump any stuffty twist endings in, yet had to work hard to try keep convincing us that somehow everything would work out of the best. A lot of effort was spent in trying to make team-mates you'd actually give a stuff about (except you, Kat), and the player's campaign through Reach feels a lot more meaningful than in any previous Halo game (instead of trekking through alien worlds listening to Johnny Radio giving you some vague instructions, you're on the floor of a major conflict and constantly reacting to whatever is happening around you).

Why'd they change the ammo count in the AR from 60 to 32?

Also which skull is the best skull?

dunno about the first hunter but gwyn is actually a "god" (really just big powerful people)

I knew gwyn was a god but I was looking for other examples and couldn't find any

now that I have had time to think, explain why bosses like artorias the abysswalker and dragonslayer ornstein are larger than you
also explain how you get smaller versions of boss weapons than what the boss is actually carrying

why is mass effect 3's ending garbage?

why did halo 5 end so loving gay
I played it for like 20 hours straight just for the campaign ending be like
Halsey: I thought you would get here.
like what sort of loving cliff hangar is that omfg

do you like the color green

Why'd they change the ammo count in the AR from 60 to 32?
From a story perspective, they're different guns. The Assault Rifles on Reach were the outdated MA37 model (the first in the MA5 line), primarily used by the UNSC Army for their ruggedness in ground combat (appropriate given the wide variation in Reach's different terrains), while the Rifle of choice for the UNSC Navy was the updated MA5B, which supported a higher capacity magazine but were less accurate (making it better for closer ranged combat like you get in tight spaceship corridors).

From a gameplay design perspective, they wanted to slightly shake up the role of the Assault Rifle in the weapons modal so that it could actually have a use with the much wider combat spaces they built in Reach; they improved the AR's range, accuracy and damage but decreased its magazine size to compensate.

Also which skull is the best skull?
I'm going off Bungie's Skulls (specifically 3/Reach, when they were properly integrated into the system).

The most fun skull is the IWHBYD Skull ("I would have been your Daddy, but a dog beat me over the fence" - Sgt. Johnson, Halo CE Combat Dialogue), which flipped the skip fractions on all combat dialogue (essentially, rare and funny dialogue was more likely to play than common lines).

There's no real "best skull" for gameplay purposes, as they all have their own advantages and disadvantages. If you're going for scoring, you need to pick skulls as according to what level you're playing (for example, Catch is best used on Flood levels in H3 as the Flood don't throw grenades and thus it's a consequence-free 1.5x multiplier).

I typically have no problem with some of the "promotional skulls" (like Thunderstorm, which promotes all enemies to their next rank so they deal and take more damage), as they don't really make the game that much more difficult if you know the critical spots. Playing on Heroic is recommended.

why is mass effect 3's ending garbage?
One of the biggest problems for Mass Effect 3 was that the original writer (Drew Kap...Kapishpish...whatever his name is) was taken off the project and forced onto something else (I think Dragon Age), meaning that his ideas and theories were left to be interpreted by other writers who weren't on the same page as him. The story leak didn't help either, with fans displeased with the original ending in its development form (the "Eezo causes Black Holes" theory was cool, but had some glaring plot holes and the actual ending itself was also going to be another 2 choice ending where Shepard dies in either case).

Casey Hudson came in and made big promises to satisfy fans who had dedicated hundreds of hours of playtime that the endings would reflect that, that there wouldn't be a simple 3 way choice, and it's very likely for a time that was what they wanted to do. Unfortunately, to meet shipping date, they ultimately had to scrap anything they had planned and go with the Catalyst ending, and completely failed to justify the backstory or intentions of the AI (something they improved only marginally in extended cut, and wouldn't be completely addressed until the Leviathan DLC, a whole DLC designed specifically to fix the story logic).

It all comes down to not having enough resources to solve a massive problem, leading to poor execution. Pinching critical staff for other projects, multiplayer just guzzling down developers and EA not wanting to expand the budget to delay the shipping date just for the sake of the ending didn't help matters.

why did halo 5 end so loving gay
It was built to appeal to the lore nuts, without actually trying to justify itself to anybody who only played the games. It's just another part of Halo 5 that was completely wrongly focused.

do you like the color green
No, not really. My favourite colours are purples, reds, yellows and blacks.

Do you know how long Noble Six lasted in the last stand on Reach? Some say it was only when the cut-scene ended that he died and others say it was until the place was glassed from orbit.

noble six hid behind a bunch of crates in the house next to spawn and survived indefinitely

Do you know how long Noble Six lasted in the last stand on Reach? Some say it was only when the cut-scene ended that he died and others say it was until the place was glassed from orbit.
Noble Six is killed by Energy Sword as the camera swings up during that final cutscene (a trope known as "Gory Discretion Shot"; keeps it tasteful but implies what is happening). After expending all his ammo, losing his weapons and taking several hits (his shields are offline and not recovering), Six is physically worn down and literally surrounded by Elites who close in on him, pin him to the ground and end his suffering.