Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 431845 times)

yeah that's sort of amazingly inefficient

though i just realized your trees kicked ass and i might use them at a later point

use cubes, bro

The game, if anything, is moving towards its true genre rather than the FPS its been for the past few years. Filter out the dumbasses who never build and well have the game back the way it was before.
They still don't have to build or be filtered. They can join someone else's server like they already have been for years now.

I hope this update will invoke the numpad building hand wrath of people who make things like that.

But what about driv-

I was thinking of making some extra bricks that'll fit nicely with cubes.

NOW

DO IT NOW

I hope this update will invoke the numpad building hand wrath of people who make things like that.
but the concern is being able to get slightly more simplistic environments like that without the time-consuming and brick-counting impact it has
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:10:08 PM by Eksi »

but the concern is being able to get environments like that without the time-consuming and brick-counting impact it has
Have you ever made a small castle out of legos?

Takes tons of time and bricks.

It's similar in Blockland.

hold on, i've gotta go dig up my amazing and well-terrained collection of hand built deathmatches.

now how will the tutorial be after the update? :o

though i just realized your trees kicked ass and i might use them at a later point

use cubes, bro
The result:

As opposed to:

Which is amazing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:14:13 PM by Sitrus »

I'm bought if I can solidly drive across all of them without reaching the end in ten seconds, Bushido

The result:

HEY LOOK IT'S SOME POND!

god that was a crazy six hours haha!

I never thought of that :o I wonder what will happen.

They bought a LEGO BUILDING GAME. Stop acting like they bought CoD and its being turned into a sandbox building game.

The game, if anything, is moving towards its true genre rather than the FPS its been for the past few years. Filter out the dumbasses who never build and well have the game back the way it was before.

I havent played in forever because its so hard to find a good server with people building, now theyre forced to build even if they want to DM!
they bought the game based on what they saw. if they saw the ability to fight like BF3, they could've bought it for that. the "true genre" is boring. terrain or not, the game will still be majority FPS games. maybe you and the others who support building and no fighting should host a server instead of saying that you can't find one. if all the noobs complaining that they can't find a good building server got together and hosted one, it would easily have over 40 players AND have an actual good build! wow!
This isn't removing anyone's fun. Stop whining.
look at alot of the feedback here. it kinda IS rofl...

use cubes, bro
have to hop over cubes.

I'm bought if I can solidly drive across all of them without reaching the end in ten seconds, Bushido

FUC

I DON'T HAVE ANY PICTURES OF MY RACE TRACK

you win this round

have to hop over cubes.

... build half cubes

build flatter terrain

use ramps

have transitions that involve moving from high terrain to low terrain

question why the cubes are in the way in the first place

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION

Though i doubt any new user used it anyway