Author Topic: System Requirements for Games FTW (Minecraft > Portal 2 in processing power?)  (Read 2282 times)

i'm thinking it's what minecraft is, a game where every block in every nearby chunk has math going on it constantly for game updates and rendering.

this website is completely broken for me.

because every single cyri in the world will detect my GPU as an intel HD graphics when:
6650m is on this computer.
god damn it i need to flash this bios on my computer to a modded one.
i want to have fixed switchable graphics so bad forget this dynamic stuff.

this website is completely broken for me.

because every single cyri in the world will detect my GPU as an intel HD graphics when:
6650m is on this computer.
god damn it i need to flash this bios on my computer to a modded one.
i want to have fixed switchable graphics so bad forget this dynamic stuff.
disable intel HD graphics in device manager
profit

Minecraft is made in Java. That's the excuse for lag.

This is not the 90's anymore dude, java is practicly the same speed as C++

i'm thinking it's what minecraft is, a game where every block in every nearby chunk has math going on it constantly for game updates and rendering.
That's not what's happening, because then your computer wouldn't be able to run it at any playable speed at all. There's "block updates" that happen when a block changes something, it sends out a signal to the 6 nearby blocks to also update if needed.

Can I Run It is stupid as forget. Most of it is not even at all legit, but it gives somewhat of a basic view if your PC can run the game, but most of the time its stuff.
Also, because of driver updates and stuff, most games need lower requirements then are recommended.

This is not the 90's anymore dude, java is practicly the same speed as C++

Not really.

~Killer Game Programming in java
   O'REILLY

O'REILLY

Who writes books in the 21st century, that book's at least 12 years old by now.

Minecraft is made in Java. That's the excuse for lag.
That is not a good loving excuse.
I can pump in Optifine and the game goes from a stuff smears 40-50 FPS to around 80+ FPS.

O'REILLY
One second let me write a book so I can know every one of my opinions on paper is legitimate and real.

Are you stupid?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:45:11 AM by Soukuw »

Minecraft is an example of a fat guy that doesn't know how to make a game. It looks like blocks and only runs on top of the line super computers.
Yeah, one of the most popular games ever made, the majority of which was made by a single person from the ground up. He really doesn't know what he's doing.

Shut up.

disable intel HD graphics in device manager
profit
no
if i do it makes the computer go ape stuff.

modded bios is the only way i can make the 6650m the main display adapter.

no
if i do it makes the computer go ape stuff.

modded bios is the only way i can make the 6650m the main display adapter.
then don't buy a loving stuff laptop next time

It says my CPU is the only thing that's keeping me from being able to run Team Fortress 2.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:03:25 PM by Isaac Fox »