Author Topic: The search for extraterrestrial life was granted $100 million  (Read 3138 times)

Okay, that sounds better. I was thinking it was just one giant chunk cash prize to whoever could convince some judges they found life.

Okay, that sounds better. I was thinking it was just one giant chunk cash prize to whoever could convince some judges they found life.
wait is this what you actually thought? If yeah
You're a handicap

It's late for me, and I couldn't read the story because it requires an account. Quickly going by the topic to see people complaining about the money amount, my tired self thought it was a prize of sorts. No need to call me a handicap because of it.

100 million dollars can go a long way to feeding people that don't have food. a 100 million dollars can go a long way to rebuild america's crumbling infrastructure. why do we give a forget if there is extraterrestrial life or not? there's a pretty good chance there isn't, and it'll be a waste of good money.

On 19 March 2011, 112 Tomahawk missiles were fired by U.S. forces to blow up a bunch of low level insurgents in Libya. A single Tomahawk missile costs $1,560,000 to produce. That's way over 100 million dollars spent in a single day. America's crumbling infrastructure is it's own fault.

In 2012, US bilateral aid to sub-Saharan Africa totaled at ~$8,800,000,000. Turns out, Africa is still loving starving. Feeding people who don't have food is %10 our problem and %90 their problem. 100 mil is better spent on space research than just mindlessly throwing at the desert.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:34:52 AM by Rally »

We can't help Africa, no matter how much money we waste on then. they are on their own

a single B2 stealth bomber is $700,000,000 and there's 21 of them

Ayyyy cool.
I wanna high-five an alien now.

Also they'll def. distribute the grant, if they're not morons.

100 million dollars can go a long way to feeding people that don't have food. a 100 million dollars can go a long way to rebuild america's crumbling infrastructure. why do we give a forget if there is extraterrestrial life or not? there's a pretty good chance there isn't, and it'll be a waste of good money.
jesus this is the worst argument. "we shouldn't fund nasa because people in africa are hungry"

also 100 million in the eyes of the government is barely anything. america owes over 5 TRILLION in debt. that means 1/50,000 of what Steven Hawking donated.

they wont find anything lol

Humans have their head too far up religions ass to do anything significant in terms of space travel
If we stop wasting money of Africa, stop religion, and stop wars, we can easily enhance technology

Humans have their head too far up religions ass to do anything significant in terms of space travel
If we stop wasting money of Africa, stop religion, and stop wars, we can easily enhance technology
You're a handicap

In today's news: people are unaware that humanity is capable of using money for more than one thing

Personally, astronomy in general fascinates me. Space is the final frontier, and we should do all we can to explore it, including spending money. I mean hey, what if we find another planet to inhabit? That's useful right? And perhaps discovering an alien race may actually lead us to discoveries we may never have believed possible.

Then again, the life is probably just bacteria or plants. Still, it'd be cool.