Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service  (Read 66809 times)

How is all this going to be possible if RTB doesn't update anything on dedicated servers?

How is all this going to be possible if RTB doesn't update anything on dedicated servers?

I'm not sure what you mean - how is all what going to be possible?

I'm not sure what you mean - how is all what going to be possible?
If this hosting is done through RTB, and RTB can't update, won't that cause problems? Not only RTB but also RTB add-ons.

-1 Point - bad brown townogy!
I have to spell this out? A login system is like the wheel in that it is important, but not worth getting excited over. It is par for the course, the standard, the norm. Not having it is bad but having it is nothing special.

I have to spell this out? A login system is like the wheel in that it is important, but not worth getting excited over. It is par for the course, the standard, the norm. Not having it is bad but having it is nothing special.
elm just got elmed

If this hosting is done through RTB, and RTB can't update, won't that cause problems? Not only RTB but also RTB add-ons.
This isn't entirely run through the Blockland executable, the panel itself facilitates updating.

This isn't entirely run through the Blockland executable, the panel itself facilitates updating.
It would be useful if this were built into RTB!

It would be useful if this were built into RTB!

That would be nice. Changing what addons are in your server while your actually in it

That would be nice. Changing what addons are in your server while your actually in it
Not at all what any of us meant. AT LEAST RTB could update itself, but no...

Not at all what any of us meant. AT LEAST RTB could update itself, but no...

I thought it self updates already. I remember seeing popups for an update for RTB 4.0

I thought it self updates already. I remember seeing popups for an update for RTB 4.0
Not if it's a dedicated server (hint: I host 20+ and deal with Ephialtes' stuff)

Not if it's a dedicated server (hint: I host 20+ and deal with Ephialtes' stuff)

What does RTB do for dedicated servers anyway?

What does RTB do for dedicated servers anyway?
Servers prefs and an external player list.

At one point it also spammed connections. If it updated itself, I wouldn't have to update everybody's copy of RTB myself.

Ephialtes doesn't give a stuff about server hosters, the most important people of the ingame experience, that's one reason not to get this service.

Ephialtes doesn't give a stuff about server hosters, the most important people of the ingame experience, that's one reason not to get this service.
A regular player hosting a server can just load their dedicated copy in non-dedicated mode to get updates. If they don't have the access to do that, it comes down to the server hoster to deal with that. Automating the update process would have been seriously easy - but I guess you'd just rather blame your own inability on someone else.