Author Topic: holy stuff people tried to break into our house  (Read 2349 times)

This happened about an hour ago. A group of teenagers were banging on the door and running around the back of the house near the garage doors. We called the police and they got the parents to pick the kids up. Someone was recently shot and killed near our neighborhood after a kid tried breaking into his car, which is why this is so scary to me.

I can't sleep now, freaked out and have no one to tell. Hold me ;-;

unless i can physically lift you through my monitor dont think that's happening

that's real forgeted up. glad you're OK.

do you have a gun
no guns, mother is very against guns and isn't as freaked out about it as I am since she didn't grow up in a country where teens killing each other is very common

I live in a pretty sketchy area when I'm away for school and always keep my .38 at my apartment. Makes me feel a ton safer since there always seems to be drug deals or something going on in the abandoned house across the street from me. No one has lived there since last year but there's always people walking in and out of there.

I live in a pretty sketchy area when I'm away for school and always keep my .38 at my apartment. Makes me feel a ton safer since there always seems to be drug deals or something going on in the abandoned house across the street from me. No one has lived there since last year but there's always people walking in and out of there.
This
In that case, throw rocks at them until they hold hands with each other and sing a song.

The thing is, the area we live in was one of the safest places to live a few years ago, but recently there's been bomb/gun attack threats at school, more people getting shot and killed, and the only reason I'm so freaked out is that someone was killed less than 10 minutes away from my house a few weeks ago. Everything is becoming so sketchy so quickly

Get a security system or get your mom to be okay with firearms, I'm sure she'd come around if she went to some firearms safety classes or something.

Otherwise, at the very least, get a baseball bat or something.

Though, frankly, the chances of someone actually going out and breaking into your house is insanely low.

Those teenagers were probably just drunk/stupid/starfishs. (The three are not mutually exclusive)

leap into my arms shazoo

glad ur ok i can only imagine how scary that mustve been

Talk to your mom or something, socialization is comforting at situations like this. If you have a pet pet them or something too.
In terms of physical security, have a baseball bat or a club-like tool by you.
I've been in a situation like this, my neighbor in Colorado got drunk and started shooting beer bottles inside his house, scared the living stuff outta me.

Get a security system or get your mom to be okay with firearms, I'm sure she'd come around if she went to some firearms safety classes or something.

Otherwise, at the very least, get a baseball bat or something.
We have a security system, and my brother and I got bats and other blunt objects. We've never had something like this happen before, and I think my mom never thought something like this could happen to us.
leap into my arms shazoo

glad ur ok i can only imagine how scary that mustve been
ty bb
Talk to your mom or something, socialization is comforting at situations like this. If you have a pet pet them or something too.
Mom is sleeping, brother thinks I'm overreacting, currently cuddling my cat
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:59:00 AM by Shazoo »

This happened about an hour ago. A group of teenagers were banging on the door and running around the back of the house near the garage doors. We called the police and they got the parents to pick the kids up. Someone was recently shot and killed near our neighborhood after a kid tried breaking into his car, which is why this is so scary to me.

yo man you got a nice house

yo man you got a nice house
no man you wanna rob the neighbors, they're richer and have nicer houses

no man you wanna rob the neighbors, they're richer and have nicer houses
but you have a cat, cats are priceless

but you have a cat, cats are priceless
But they're my cats though :(