Author Topic: I feel a sense of pride.  (Read 426 times)

If I hadn't told you guys already, I got a job a little while ago at a sports and swim club. I was getting trained how to be a lifegaurd and a camp counselor (but mostly a lifegaurd). I worked hard in that job. I did stuff that I would never enjoy doing in my life. I put my sweat and blood into that job. Recently, my training came to an end. My lifegaurd instructor and boss, told me that I am now a fully certified lifegaurd. She also said I would also receive my licences in AED, CPR, First-Aid, and Lifesaving. At the end of the summer I looked back, and saw how much I've changed. Then I remembered what my boss told me at my interview, "This summer will be a summer of huge growth, in maturity and strength". I feel quite proud of my self, because I would never expect myself to not quit when the work became excruciatingly hard. Honestly, working at such a young age is a real stretch, but in the end, I feel like a man.

If you guys ever want to get a summer job, like mine. Do it, it will be a long, painful hike. But in the end, doorways will open for you, and new adventures will be available to you.

Good work. The most I did was work as a cashier to afford Guild Wars 2.

Do it, it will be a long, painful hike.

but hikes are easy

I've never had a job but I love that feeling of a sense of pride.

Or you could teach art to kids and watch them draw castles being eaten by lizardmen with ufos.

It's such a tough choice...

If you guys ever want to get a summer job, like mine. Do it, it will be a long, painful hike. But in the end, doorways will open for you, and new adventures will be available to you.
OP you should try gardening

OP you should try gardening

I had to do that while I was training. It was one of the things that I didn't enjoy doing.

Repent now or face hell.