Author Topic: How to change my stuffty azerty keyboard to querty?  (Read 1067 times)

Okay so, Out of the 2 countries that use the piece of stuff we call azerty, mine is one of them for some dub reason. Literally every keyboard I have is querty except for my laptops because I cant change it
Anyways can I buy like those keycaps and replace them? theyre like the flat key thing you usually find on laptops
And no, I will no connect another keyboard or change the keyboard layout because Im a twat who doesnt know where every key is (The special signs n stuff)

Wait, you don't want it to function like a qwerty, you just want it to look like one?

have you tried being nice to it and asking it politely if it could change for you

And no, I will no connect another keyboard or change the keyboard layout because Im a twat who doesnt know where every key is (The special signs n stuff)
Wait, you don't want it to function like a qwerty, you just want it to look like one?

nobody could tell you unless we know what laptop you have
he wants replacement keycaps. fixing the way it works is trivial, and presumably he already knows how to do it, therefore doesn't need to ask

both
nobody could tell you unless we know what laptop you havehe wants replacement keycaps. fixing the way it works is trivial, and presumably he already knows how to do it, therefore doesn't need to ask
medion akoya  p7632

afaik membrane keyboards don't work like that

Did you mean QWERTY and not QUERTY?

Anyway this quick google search found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLnSK9N-uU

From the look of it you would have to replace the entire keyboard unit.

Easy solution: paint over the keys.

Did you mean QWERTY and not QUERTY?

Anyway this quick google search found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLnSK9N-uU

From the look of it you would have to replace the entire keyboard unit.

Easy solution: paint over the keys.
I probably expected I should buy new keycaps but meh
I van probably paint them over too, iduno.
And yes, my dumb brain sometimes makes me type words they way you pronounce them

first use SharpKeys look at a reference picture for a qwerty keyboard and rebind each key positioned on your keyboard to the key position on the qwerty keyboard,
then pop out all your letter keys and place them into the same layout as the qwerty keyboard

sharpkeys rebinds your keys through the registry so you should not notice any difference from normal

popping out keys should be as easy as using a butterknife nvm its a laptop have fun

If only it was that easy
Unfortunely the special characters arent the same as on an azerty
Also just change the input method on windows would let me type in qwerty so... whats the use of sharpkeys actually?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:23:26 PM by espio100 »

first use SharpKeys look at a reference picture for a qwerty keyboard and rebind each key positioned on your keyboard to the key position on the qwerty keyboard
or you could just change the keyboard layout setting in your operating system settings?