Author Topic: Detective Pikachu trailer released  (Read 2723 times)

I'm surprised.

I was expecting Dwayne the rock johnson to be in the trailer.

imo the pokemon look slightly less creepy when they are animated and moving. Still shots look pretty freaky though.
Not sure how I feel about pikachu's voice tbh

Honestly Pikachu doesn't look bad in my opinion

Also I'm getting strange deadpool like vibes from this, since it looks like a serious and gritty movie, yet the acting and music make it seem like a comedy too

Hopefully they don't forget it up since it's a semi-unique movie idea for once

Also I'm getting strange deadpool like vibes from this, since it looks like a serious and gritty movie, yet the acting and music make it seem like a comedy too
Could also be that Ryan Reynolds is voicing Pikachu

not what i expected at all but this seems pretty dang neat!
imo the pokemon look slightly less creepy when they are animated and moving. Still shots look pretty freaky though.
Not sure how I feel about pikachu's voice tbh

honestly would give this a chance

honestly would give this a chance
yeah same, i'll see if the animation makes up for the off putting character design

pikachu needs a raspy ass voice or something

It actually looks alright in motion compared to the off-putting thumbnail of Pikachu. Risky idea for a Pokemon movie but it might be decent tbh.

would you rather look at a 3d rendered pikachu or a mound of yellow pulsating flesh
I mean the point is to make it look like the Pokemon actually fit inside of the real world, not an animated entity. In that sense making a realistic Pokemon look fine is a tough task that there isn't many ways around.

technically there's absolutely no way they could have made them look better
Uhm, they could take the who framed Roger Rabbit approach.

But 2D is dead

That would make no sense in the context of the film and the world.