Author Topic: All my cats were just eaten by a neighbor's dog...  (Read 8383 times)

You're all immensely stupid. Domestic animals ideally should function like programmable robots, but they're still animals, and the natural ways of the wild should not be punished as strictly as killing or injuring the offending animal.

Also, some of your suggestions are sick.
13 animals*

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:08:45 PM by Window-Licker »

The offending animal, meaning the dog.
Oh, sorry, it's around the AM's here so my eyes aren't as good when tired.

Anyways, the thing is though, if it kills one animal, that's still horrible but shouldn't be punishable by death, but if it's 13, yeah, that's different.
Pretty sure this is just a fad.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=234388.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=234383.0
Those were made after this topic. Look at the date.

You're all immensely stupid. Domestic animals ideally should function like programmable robots, but they're still animals, and the natural ways of the wild should not be punished as strictly as killing or injuring the offending animal.
Also, some of your suggestions are sick.
massacring twelve cats is not natural
this was an angry dog
and what the hell? we're talking about domestic animals. the "ways of the wild" do not matter

also if I'm one of those people you're referring to with that last comment, if I walked into my house where there was someone's dog killing my cats, and the dog bit my leg, I would find it beyond reasonable to puncture the animal with the heel of a shoe, if I was wearing high heels for some reason
defending yourself and your offspring/packmates/whatever you want to call it is also part of "the wild," so, yeah...

Oh, sorry, it's around the AM's here so my eyes aren't as good when tired.

Anyways, the thing is though, if it kills one animal, that's still horrible but shouldn't be punishable by death, but if it's 13, yeah, that's different.
You are aware that wild dogs are instinctually supposed to kill hundreds or possibly thousands of animals to stay alive, right?

It isn't a human, its an animal.

You are aware that wild dogs are instinctually supposed to kill hundreds or possibly thousands of animals to stay alive, right?

It isn't a human, its an animal.
Wild dogs that is, I believe if i'm not mistaken the OP says that this dog was his neighbor's dog, and I believe it depends on what breed it was.

massacring twelve cats is not natural
this was an angry dog
and what the hell? we're talking about domestic animals. the "ways of the wild" do not matter

also if I'm one of those people you're referring to with that last comment, if I walked into my house where there was someone's dog killing my cats, and the dog bit my leg, I would find it beyond reasonable to puncture the animal with the heel of a shoe, if I was wearing high heels for some reason
defending yourself and your offspring/packmates/whatever you want to call it is also part of "the wild," so, yeah...
Didn't say defending yourself was horrible, but slowly torturing the animal is disgusting in my eyes.

And you really are an idiot if you think domestic animals are completely unattached to their instincts.

Didn't say defending yourself was horrible, but slowly torturing the animal is disgusting in my eyes.

And you really are an idiot if you think domestic animals are completely unattached to their instincts.
Oh no, i'm not saying that, what i'm saying is that it depends on what type of dog it was, if it was a german shephard or a rottweiler then it would be understandable, but it's still illegal and punishable for the animal to kill the others. It's really the OP's choice on what to do, and i'm not saying that I want to slowly torture the animal.

Oh no, i'm not saying that, what i'm saying is that it depends on what type of dog it was, if it was a german shephard or a rottweiler then it would be understandable, but it's still illegal and punishable for the animal to kill the others. It's really the OP's choice on what to do, and i'm not saying that I want to slowly torture the animal.
I was talking to Night Fox with that reply. But yes, according to the law its rather frowned upon for animals to act like animals while in civilization.

I was talking to Night Fox with that reply. But yes, according to the law its rather frowned upon for animals to act like animals while in civilization.
"its rather frowned upon for animals to act like animals while in civilization."

okay
i guess we just not give a forget about it and move on?

"oh hey tim what happened over your summer"

"oh some dog came over and killed 13 of my cats brutally and ate them, some being kittens. nobody really cares though, just what an animal does, it received no punishment"

"oh cool"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:52:05 AM by Decepticon »

"act like animals while in civilization"

okay
i guess we just not give a forget about it and move on?

"oh hey tim what happened over your summer"

"oh some dog came over and killed 13 of my cats brutally and ate them, some being kittens. nobody really cares though, just what an animal does, it received no punishment"

"oh cool"
Few things:

That's a lot of loving cats.

Why were they reachable by the neighbors dog? Did they enter his territory or did the dog enter the OP's yard?

Was the dog abused to the point that it was hungry enough to deviate from its normal dog food to eat raw flesh? Does it normally eat raw flesh without punishment?

Is this situation really any different than your cat or dog bringing home dead wild life, besides the ownership of the cats?

I'm not saying that the dog should have eaten the cats, I'm saying that you shouldn't leap the the conclusion that this "evil" dog ate the OP's cats for the hell of it and deserves to be killed without assessing what lead to him doing it.

Edit: Also, how did a single dog catch and kill 12 cats?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:53:48 AM by Oasis »

ok, in that case, I never said anything about torturing it. idk who did besides mr man. mr man's a weirdo anyway tho

but I don't think that?? a properly domesticated and well-nourished dog will not attack a cat for no reason. therefore there is clearly something wrong with this dog. it's not even instinctual for dogs to kill cats
I'm not saying that the dog should have eaten the cats, I'm saying that you shouldn't leap the the conclusion that this "evil" dog ate the OP's cats for the hell of it and deserves to be killed without assessing what lead to him doing it.
no, the dog needs to be put down, regardless of why it happened
he's a danger
Also, how did a single dog catch and kill 12 cats?
if the cats have nowhere to hide, easily. I'm not sure what breed it was, but a rottweiler, for example, wouldn't back off from a couple of scratches (and that's assuming they hadn't had their claws trimmed). some of them were kittens, as well

What?! How could this happen? I can't realistically picture a scenario where that many cats are killed by a single dog... did they just stand in a line and get killed 1 by 1 or something...?

Doesn't seem very believable but who knows, crazy stuff happens sometimes

ok, in that case, I never said anything about torturing it. idk who did besides mr man. mr man's a weirdo anyway tho

but I don't think that?? a properly domesticated and well-nourished dog will not attack a cat for no reason. therefore there is clearly something wrong with this dog. it's not even instinctual for dogs to kill catsno, the dog needs to be put down, regardless of why it happened
he's a danger
this is pretty much what I was about to post but I stopped because i'm too tired to have a debate on why dogs have instinct and kill