Author Topic: Building a carpetball table!  (Read 21469 times)

If you don't know what carpetball is, read this page.

http://www.carpetball.org/rules.html

Anyway, I'm building a carpetball table from scratch.

Only one cut and one splinter later, here's what I have so far.

I still need to add the angular supports from the legs to the frame and the carpet. Other than that, it's done.

put on some energetic music so you can build the table as if you were in a montage

put on some energetic music so you can build the table as if you were in a montage

The actual building is almost done tho. :C

then put on some energetic music so you can play carpetball as if you were in a montage

then put on some energetic music so you can play carpetball as if you were in a montage
Ok! :P

nice craftsmanship

please tell me you're going to sand it down then stain it first though

nice craftsmanship

please tell me you're going to sand it down then stain it first though
Thanks!

Sand it yes (although all I have is sandpaper, that will take some time...). Staining will have to wait, because unless my dad's incorrect, you can't really stain/paint the pressure treated lumber for a while. I'll have to check on that, but I would love to stain it someday.

Edit: Looks like I just need to make sure the wood is completely dry first. I'll see if I can convince my parents to buy some stain for it, since they're paying for the whole thing...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:27:36 PM by Georges »

yeah it's not a necessity but it makes the presentation look nicer and fit in with furniture better.

here's a good one

Carpet is on (not completely...).

Played some games with my family. My mom was the only one who could beat me at first. .-.

Man it has been years since I played carpetball. I wanna play now.