Author Topic: Computer help (Smart people get over here)  (Read 1177 times)

Alright, so here's the story. My cousins mom has the oldest computer you can imagine. It is running the crappiest version of Windows and it sucks. When I say it sucks, it sucks. It isn't even made from a brand that makes computers any more. She has asked me to decide whether

THIS COMPUTER

is a good computer for running pretty much anything. I told her that this is an amazing computer and I am posting here just to make sure and cross check with you guys. I realize that a lot of you have taken a well knowing of all types of computers.

Discuss and give me some ideas and feedback. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:48:57 AM by Tetris »

Tell her it would be a cheaper and better idea if you built one for her. Get her to buy the parts for you, and pay you extra for labour. Shabam.

is a good computer for running pretty much anything.
Give us her definition of anything

Tell her it would be a cheaper and better idea if you built one for her. Get her to buy the parts for you, and pay you extra for labour. Shabam.
Excellent

This.

It's also pretty fun to build most of the time.

On the subject of that prebuilt...
It would be alright as a general all-around computer. It should even run games decently. Though, FX processors are kinda slow. Try to find one with a Phenom II if you can.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:16:34 AM by pecon98 »

Building one isn't an option. She doesn't like doing that sort of thing, it's hard to explain. Just try to understand.

I really need your guys' help here. Can you refer me to a computer that would be a bit better but still in sort of the same price range?

Give us her definition of anything

She does a lot with photos, facebook, e-mail, and video.

She gets super frustrated at how slow everything loads up and wants a good computer that can do a lot of things media-wise.

This.

It's also pretty fun to build most of the time.

On the subject of that prebuilt...
It would be alright as a general all-around computer. It should even run games decently. Though, FX processors are kinda slow. Try to find one with a Phenom II if you can.

What do you think about this one?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:46:04 AM by Tetris »

She gets super frustrated at how slow everything loads up and wants a good computer that can do a lot of things media-wise.
If you want to go ahead with the building computer idea, go ahead. But if she just wants to do a lot of things with media, tell her to get a lot less powerful desktop because she's wasting her money.

If you want to go ahead with the building computer idea, go ahead. But if she just wants to do a lot of things with media, tell her to get a lot less powerful desktop because she's wasting her money.

How so?

why on earth does your cousin's mom need a gaming computer

How so?
because she wont use all the power she paid extra for?

Dont buy her that trash what is wrong with you
Is your aunt going to be playing Crysis or something
forget kid just buy a computer that doesnt have "Gaming Computer" in the headlines

That is a lovey computer bro

EDIT: Both of them are super lovey

And you're buying her a gaming computer.

What.

We just want it to perform well no matter what it runs.

It would be dealing with some pretty big pictures and HD footage.