Author Topic: Brick Tessellation  (Read 17087 times)

This is by design. If the surface area of the top of a brick is too large it uses the plain old top texture.
why

Because ground fxPlane
That's not the ground.

I still don't really understand how you did this client-sided.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:21:25 PM by Subpixel »

It's not fake; I've seen it in person through an actual running copy of Blockland. Bricks are forced to use the default texture when they are too big because that would mean an increase in the faces exposed. There is no issue with rendering the additional faces. Instead when large amounts of bricks, primarily those with greater surface area, are created at once the client has an issue hiding the additional faces.

What's that called? When an entire brick face is covered so it disappears? That's where the issue lies.

What's that called? When an entire brick face is covered so it disappears? That's where the issue lies.
occlusion culling or something

That's not the ground.

I still don't really
understand how you did this client-sided.

You could really simply just offset the vertices based on the surface normal in a shader.

You could really simply just offset the vertices based on the surface normal in a shader.
Which vertices do you offset to bevel a 6 side cube?

Bump.

What happened to this project? Any new info?

I knew this would be just another cool thing that it will fade away and die like most of the cool promissing stuff we see...

This has to be finished, it just has to.

can blockland get any more loveier

can blockland get any more loveier
add actual shaders that doesn't require an ultra computer and there you go, loveiest blockland

As mentioned before in the topic this add-on does not work with special bricks and would take a bit of doing to get tessellation on custom bricks. I've shelved the project for now.