Author Topic: MoltenKitten - Derailing threads/Starting unneeded arguments.  (Read 3692 times)

no it doesnt though. he realized that what people dislike him for was taking place and he did his best to stop it.
you are now getting mad at him for improving.
Thing is, there's a really big difference between stopping when asked (he didn't come to the conclusion himself, he was politely asked to stop), and knowing not to start in the first place.

It's good he stopped, but at the same time he should've known that his comments were going to be inflammatory, and weren't really going to be appreciated in a topic about a death of a close family member.
And yes, others are also posting the same sorts of things, which is an issue in of itself, but Molten has a reputation.

And there's no way he's not aware of his reputation, and that because of it, he is held to a higher degree of scrutiny, and his comments are more likely to illicit a response from people.
For that reason, he should be actively considering his words before he posts. Do people want to hear them, are they going to illicit a response, will my comment cause an argument, will it lead to a disruption of the topic?

When you build a reputation like Molten has, it is up to you to think about what you're posting and the consequences of posting it. When you don't think first, or you think and then choose to post something volatile, then you're deserving of all the criticism and fallout that you recieve.

When you build a reputation like Molten has, it is up to you to think about what you're posting and the consequences of posting it. When you don't think first, or you think and then choose to post something volatile, then you're deserving of all the criticism and fallout that you recieve.
This right here. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, because what Molten said in that topic was pretty unpleasant, so I think he did deserve the flak for it.

I will admit however that I did come across as quite hostile when trying to address this point across, so apologies.

I saw that he was trying to stir up stuff in the death thread, but apologized.
I swear, this happens literally every loving week with molten.
He comes into a thread, says something bs, and gets into a fight with the forums.

If this was molten after getting his opinion discarded before stuffposting, I wouldn't be surprised.

reminder that molten is newspeed's alt, who was/is a problem user, but not ban on sight