Author Topic: My school is giving me a laptop. Update: page 2, I got it!  (Read 3260 times)

I use my computer every day in school ._. it's so convenient to not have to write anything down when you can type the notes faster than the teacher is writing them on the board.
oh my god yes

Typing > writing.
Why write? Typing is way faster and there's no need for messy inks. Plus it's easier to read than handwriting, has copy+paste ability and you can edit it fast.

WTF

I have horrible handwriting and typing would be much easier and more convenient.

I have horrible handwriting and typing would be much easier and more convenient.
This. And half of class I have to go to the pencil sharpener because when I write it will be so dull I can't read it for studying.

Give them a redbone coonhound as a thank you.

This person must have been feeling charitable. Also they donated their laptop because they purchased a new one.

If they purchased a new one it means the old one wasn't good. lol.

Some people just buy new laptops every year.

Ok I just got the laptop and it's all good news pretty much, he said it's mine and that I probably woen't have to give it back. It's a fairly big computer (Can someone tell me how to find the specs) and it's running on Windows XP professional so I am definitely going to have to update to Windows 7 ASAP.

Inb4

Ok I just got the laptop and it's all good news pretty much, he said it's mine and that I probably woen't have to give it back. It's a fairly big computer (Can someone tell me how to find the specs) and it's running on Windows XP professional so I am definitely going to have to update to Windows 7 ASAP.
Nevermind. :c

It's good and fast it's probably only been used for work related stuff it's entire life. However since it's running on windows XP I'd say it's maybe from 2005, 2006.

Also can someone please tell me where I find the downloads folder so I can get of Internet Explorer?

Uh ...

C:\Users\[user]\Downloads

I can't find it, I'm on windows xp professional does that make a difference?

pics plz

Later,

And I just learned that this computer has 2GB of ram. So at least that.