Author Topic: An Uber driver with a concealed handgun prevented a mass shooting in Chicago  (Read 4981 times)

I have one of the most corrupt governments in existance. I don't know where you're trying to get with that.

I have one of the most corrupt governments in existance. I don't know where you're trying to get with that.
you have to register for all these things and they know exactly where you are and exactly where to go when they want to take away the guns
its not like that in america for a reason

In case Obama kicks down the door and tries to smoke a bitch.

you have to register for all these things and they know exactly where you are and exactly where to go when they want to take away the guns
Well to be fair our government is keeping tabs on as many firearms owners as possible. They're just aware of the fact that now the citizens are armed to the teeth and are more hesitant than pastries government.

Do you legit believe all governments have some department prepping and plotting to round up all their citizens and force them into deathcamps at gunpoint?

It should be in my opinion. It is safe to say that the US is the only country with mass shootings even in buildings where you'd think you'll be safe. (Schools, hospitals, etc)

Do you legit believe all governments have some department prepping and plotting to round up all their citizens and force them into deathcamps at gunpoint?
Nope. Would you like to point out anywhere where i've said that? Knowing that a government is susceptible to corruption isn't very comparable to THINKING they're going to do it.

no but when america was founded they wanted to make sure that these kind of things can never happen
It should be in my opinion. It is safe to say that the US is the only country with mass shootings even in buildings where you'd think you'll be safe. (Schools, hospitals, etc)
there are plenty of other countries that have had this happen to them, we just have it more often

Once-a-day often. I sure hope your elections ease these situations. It would be funny if the Argentine embassy in the US warns its citizens for security risks.

Once-a-day often. I sure hope your elections ease these situations. It would be funny if the Argentine embassy in the US warns its citizens for security risks.
Assuming that gun restriction will even help fix the problem. Most agree that it won't and for good reason.

you think that if we take away guns that criminals still cant get them?
this would just mean that now honest citizens cant defend themselves, and things like what happened in the OP wouldn’t happen

Gun restriction would actually fix it. Take the firearms from the civilians and they won't be able to shoot up a building when their raise is denied.

And most importantly, the US' budget goes mainly into the military. This shouldn't happen much less with the amount of money inverted into the millitary.

As for your "honest citizen saved the day", the guy with the automatic rifle shouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

Criminal scum will always go against the law.

this would just mean that now honest citizens cant defend themselves

not everyone shoots up a place because they dont get a raise
im starting to think you dont understand what goes on in america or what would work because you're not in america

Imagine it this way: there are a lot of people with cookies. So many cookies, that they cannot possibly be counted. Some people have registered for cookie ownership while others possess cookies illegally. The government tries to take the cookies away from everybody but has a hard time because people keep bringing cookies in from countries like Mexico or Canada. Eventually all of the registered cookie owners have no cookies, and now only the people who possess cookies illegally have cookies.

taking guns away won't "fix it"

It'll help but its more of a psychological issue, you can't just take away a persons possession and rights for something and assume everything will be fixed