Author Topic: 13 year old african-american shot in the USA  (Read 16862 times)

If there is a riot in milwaukee for a black cop shooting a black shooter then where is the riot here?
nowhere because everybody understands that the kid was a idiot and shouldn't have pulled a bb gun on the cops, because when we're young you get told stories about how kids have been shot to death for pulling bb guns- this story is no exception.

I'm 100% certain that there's huge racial biases against minorities in our police force,

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Quote from: Roland G. Fryer, Jr.
This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force – officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

The reason they get action more is that blacks commit 50% of the homicides despite being 13% of the population. You can see similar disparities in the Hispanic population.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:01:22 AM by Tactical Nuke »

YOU GOT HALF A SECOND TO DECIDE IF IT'S FAKE OR NOT!

nowhere because everybody understands that the kid was a idiot and shouldn't have pulled a bb gun on the cops, because when we're young you get told stories about how kids have been shot to death for pulling bb guns- this story is no exception.

But the guy in Milwaukee pointed a real gun at the cop. lol

if this is becoming a new trend because of lord tony i'm gonna jump off a bridge.

I don't think people aren't posting sources because of me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 04:02:33 AM by Lord Tony® »

forget the bolis :DD

"Deshawn Michael never hurt no one except whitey, forget whitey"

The reason they get action more is that blacks commit 50% of the homicides despite being 13% of the population. You can see similar disparities in the Hispanic population.
I'm referring more to the racial profiling rather than the disproportionate use of force. Yes, a group that commits more crime will have more violent interactions with police, but that doesn't explain profiling and the tension that it creates between police and minority groups.

If black people make up the minority in your community and 90% of them are the ones causing the crimes then statistically speaking you're safer profiling and or avoiding all black people in that community then.

If white people made up 90% of the crimes, they would get profiled too.

There is actually a culture on avoiding black people because of all the absolute crimes they commit. When you see a black guy about to cross your path on the sidewalk, walk across the street.

If black people make up the minority in your community and 90% of them are the ones causing the crimes then statistically speaking you're safer profiling and or avoiding all black people in that community then.
Correct, but you're also creating a self-fulfilling prophecy where every new generation of black and hispanic kids feels like they're being treated as criminals from birth.

Police are competent enough that they can rely on other factors besides race when deciding who to pull over/accost on the street.

There is actually a culture on avoiding black people because of all the absolute crimes they commit. When you see a black guy about to cross your path on the sidewalk, walk across the street.
That culture is generally referred to as 'racism'.

i dont like the solution of "fake it till next gen learns the lesson"

i live my life now. keep the poor people out of my neighborhood.

Correct, but you're also creating a self-fulfilling prophecy where every new generation of black and hispanic kids feels like they're being treated as criminals from birth.

I blame their parents because it's their parents whom haven't changed and they are teaching their kids wrong ideals.

That culture is generally referred to as 'racism'.

Is that our fault?

Latin and african urban culture was known as "gansta" culture which made them look like thugs in the process.

So it's not our fault we white people avoid black people and latino people because they made themselves out to be thugs.

I wouldn't want to walk near somebody who looked gangsta

I blame their parents because it's their parents whom haven't changed and they are teaching their kids wrong ideals.

Latin and african urban culture was known as "gansta" culture which made them look like thugs in the process.
Cycles of violence and poverty are way more complicated than 'their parents are teaching them to commit crimes'.

So it's not our fault we white people avoid black people and latino people because they made themselves out to be thugs.
The irony here is that the disproportionate amount of crime committed by black people can be directly tied to systems created by white people. Slavery, Jim Crow laws, and the War on Drugs were all white people.