Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209819 times)

Just use the mod for that.

Danny Boy, that's really strange. I haven't noticed any significant difference between the two.
I'd still like to see it implemented in slayer due to how useful it is during salvage

I don't like how I now have to check two times if a projectile can hurt a player.

I also don't like how I can't set up a minigame without starting Slayer first.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:18:48 AM by Gravity Cat »

That's because vehicle damage is screwed up in v2.5. I fixed that in my beta copy already.
So will it be released soon?

Greek2Me, I get this reoccurring problem while using slayer, the console gets spammed with a backtrace then spits out "Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer_OneManArmy/OMA.cs (273): Unknown command getTeam." or something similar.

Here's a snippet of the console.
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Object (4686707) AIPlayer -> AIPlayer -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> GameBase -> SceneObject -> NetObject -> SimObject -> SimObject
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer_OneManArmy/OMA.cs (273): Unknown command getTeam.
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Object (4686707) AIPlayer -> AIPlayer -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> GameBase -> SceneObject -> NetObject -> SimObject -> SimObject
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer/Dependencies/GameConnection.cs (930): Unknown command getTeam.
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer/Dependencies/GameConnection.cs (945): Unknown command addKills.
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer/Dependencies/GameConnection.cs (528): Unknown command getTeam.
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer_OneManArmy/OMA.cs (273): Unknown command getTeam.
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Object (4686708) AIPlayer -> AIPlayer -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> Player -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> GameBase -> SceneObject -> NetObject -> SimObject -> SimObject
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer/Dependencies/GameConnection.cs (930): Unknown command getTeam.
EDIT: Fixed pagestretch.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 12:18:24 AM by pecon98 »

Never mind, misread.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:02:39 PM by Wesley Williams »

Start a poll on if you should work on the map cycle or not, we want control of what you're spending your time on >:(

Start a poll on if you should work on the map cycle or not, we want control of what you're spending your time on >:(
Yes.
=P

I'd still like to see it implemented in slayer due to how useful it is during salvage
Sorry, I don't see why it should be included when there's two drop item mods that already work.

I don't like how I now have to check two times if a projectile can hurt a player.

I also don't like how I can't set up a minigame without starting Slayer first.
No you don't, just check minigameCanDamage(%objA,%objB). It's standard for all minigames, Slayer or no.
And I don't like that either, I'm still working on that.

I actually haven't done anything with Slayer in probably a month, real life's keeping me busy.

Greek2Me, I get this reoccurring problem while using slayer, the console gets spammed with a backtrace then spits out "Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer_OneManArmy/OMA.cs (273): Unknown command getTeam." or something similar.
It appears to be a non-critical error caused by OMA. I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:28:27 PM by Greek2me »

No you don't, just check minigameCanDamage(%objA,%objB). It's standard for all minigames, Slayer or no.
Just tried it again, works now. No idea what caused that error yesterday on my server and earlier today when I tested it. And I assumed that function is only in Gamemode_TeamDeathmatch.

Just tried it again, works now. No idea what caused that error yesterday on my server and earlier today when I tested it. And I assumed that function is only in Gamemode_TeamDeathmatch.
Yep, it's a default function. What were you trying to damage though that wasn't working? Because brick (?) and vehicle damage are broken in Slayer v2.5.

Yep, it's a default function. What were you trying to damage though that wasn't working? Because brick (?) and vehicle damage are broken in Slayer v2.5.
On players and bots.

I'm starting work on Slayer v3. One of the main features planned is the ability to make multiple minigames. But there's a problem! I can't figure out a good way to determine which bricks/vehicles/etc are part of which minigame since the minigame has no owner. Ideas on how to do this?

And whoever caused this page stretch, please fix it!

I'm starting work on Slayer v3. One of the main features planned is the ability to make multiple minigames. But there's a problem! I can't figure out a good way to determine which bricks/vehicles/etc are part of which minigame since the minigame has no owner. Ideas on how to do this?

And whoever caused this page stretch, please fix it!

You should first tidy it up, it's not bad, but it's not good either..

What do you mean the minigame has no owner? Do you mean when making multiple minigames?

You should first tidy it up, it's not bad, but it's not good either..

What do you mean the minigame has no owner? Do you mean when making multiple minigames?
I know, I'm pretty much rewriting the entire thing. I've learned a lot since I started writing it more than a year ago.

Normal minigames have an owner (the creator). The minigame uses their bricks and stuff so that when it resets it only respawns their vehicles, etc. But Slayer minigames don't have an owner because then it wouldn't work properly when they leave the server. So I need to figure out which bricks belong to which minigame. Or I could just have all bricks belong to every minigame and then only reset vehicles without passengers in them or something like that.

onPlant
if planters minigame is a slayer
set the brick's minigame that brick
???
profit