Author Topic: 2012/08/10 - Bugs  (Read 147228 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Why is it that in singleplayer I get 60 FPS on max quality but in a server with 10 players and the same amount of bricks I only get 20 FPS?

CPU: AMD Phenom II (3.4 GHz)
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti (Overclocked to 900 MHz)

1. Turn off v-sync.
2. Remove all add-ons.

Dunno if this is a new issue; I just stumbled upon it recently. I'm having some trouble with the state system of mounted images. I'm trying to design a weapon with an alt-fire that uses an emitter. Unfortunately I'm finding that when you enter a state of any sort via player.setImageTrigger, sounds don't play and emitters don't appear. I was able to replicate this easily by looking at a brick with the spraycan out and entering localclientconnection.player. setimagetrigger(0, 1);. The brick was painted, and the can animated, but it did not play a sound or emit particles.

I think this is a bug, not quite sure, but it started after V21 so I assume V21 is the reason
First I get this, I tried to download Tier2A, but still this. It happens with almost anything.

After message above, I reenter a server, and get this. I've deleted my cache.db, set every file as Read&Write, and still can't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated =)

Console & launcher.log attached.

Badspot

• Administrator
I think this is a bug, not quite sure, but it started after V21 so I assume V21 is the reason
First I get this, I tried to download Tier2A, but still this. It happens with almost anything.

After message above, I reenter a server, and get this. I've deleted my cache.db, set every file as Read&Write, and still can't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated =)

Console & launcher.log attached.

Code: [Select]
ERROR: BlobContainer::snapshotBuffer(2) - sqlite error 10 - disk I/O error
Is your hard disk full or broken?

1. Turn off v-sync.
2. Remove all add-ons.
All add-ons removed, v-sync turned off.

Singleplayer, 16478 Bricks

Multiplayer, 15897 Bricks, on a server with only 3 players including me.

Console.log attached.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:01:34 PM by Plexious »

ERROR: BlobContainer::snapshotBuffer(2) - sqlite error 10 - disk I/O error
Is your hard disk full or broken?

Not that I know of. I have 100GB free.

Is there a way to check if the hard drive is broken?
Everything else works fine on my computer.

Edit:

Dunno what happen, but it seems to be working fine now....

Thanks for your help Badspot =)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:45:51 PM by Captn »

At some times when I play on a server eg. Badspot's Block Party, I automatically quit with the message invalid packet ghost registering something.

At some times when I play on a server eg. Badspot's Block Party, I automatically quit with the message invalid packet ghost registering something.
Try clearing your cache.db

I'll try that.
Can you do me a favor and tell me how big your cache.db is before you delete it?

:(

Edit: I keep getting this when I try to attach an image

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /var/www/vhosts/forum.blockland.us/httpdocs/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1781

wtf its error city here

I think the first error might be a problem relating to the fact that I ran my dedicated server, which probably updated the .cs.dso files but not the launcher files?
I can't attach the console log because the dedicated server is still going.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:26:42 PM by Nexus »

Yeah I get a lot of SQL database errors when I'm on the forums.

Badspot

• Administrator

You have updated the exe without updating the scripts, either by write protecting parts of the folder, manually copying the exe over or some other bum-forgetery other than running the game correctly.

Edit: I keep getting this when I try to attach an image

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /var/www/vhosts/forum.blockland.us/httpdocs/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1781
I have had to tweak some settings on the server recently, I'm still adjusting them.

Can't you just delete the scripts and let the launcher reload them

I get this every time I start a server. The repeated lines worry me. Thought it was worth mentioning.

*** CREATING MISSION
*** Stage 1 create
133 environmental resource files found
Regenerating file manifest
Got 1358 items in manifest, 0 files hashed
Direct load Add-Ons/GameMode_Freebuild/save.bls, 3, , 2,
LOADING BRICKS: Add-Ons/GameMode_Freebuild/save.bls (ColorMethod 3)
Got connect request from IPX:00000000:000000000000:0
  lan name = Audax
Connection established
Connected successfully, killing other pending connections
AUTHCHECK: Audax = LAN client -> LAN server, loading
CADD: 6016 local
 +- bl_id = 999999
 +- no auto admin
*** New Mission
*** Phase 1: Download Datablocks & Targets
Received manifest and requested 976 blobs. (382 duplicates removed)
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
CDN Download finished