Author Topic: 2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview  (Read 229074 times)

I thought we were losing terrains and interiors, now slate maps?
they have to slowly force it upon you. if they told you from that start that "terrain, interiors, and all current slate maps will have to go" it would sound pretty bad.

Those were interiors.

You could add trees, emitters, sounds, etc into slate maps but I haven't seen that option anywhere in badspot's environment editor.

So now without regular slate maps we can't add things like trees.
there could easily be a script that allows for things like this.

Those were interiors.

Trees, emitters, sounds, etc are not interiors. I had a map that forced a sound to play in it.

Trees were interiors.

Trees were interiors.

The tree in bedroom is not an interior.

I' m pretty sure it is.

Trees were interiors.
no they weren't lol.

but..
Q:What happens to StaticShapes Are those removed too?

A:Not for the moment.
gotta slowly force it

So they were static DTS shapes with collision or something?

Oh dear, not the stuffty trees. We'll never find an alternative.

Badspot

• Administrator
Q: Clouds / Precipitation selection
A: Clouds and precipitation can be built into a particular sky box, I have not made it independently selectable yet.  Perhaps in a future version.

Q: Transparent ground
A: There were some problems with it but I just worked it out today, so there will be transparent ground.  100% transparent ground looks just like the current skyland type maps.  

The slate maps with trees were terrible so I hope they are removed as well.

Q: Clouds / Precipitation selection
A: Clouds and precipitation can be built into a particular sky box, I have not made it independently selectable yet.  Perhaps in a future version.

Q: Transparent ground
A: There were some problems with it but I just worked it out today, so there will be transparent ground.  100% transparent ground looks just like the current skyland type maps.  
yay, good news!

i love you baddy.