Author Topic: U.S. Presidential Megathread  (Read 8825 times)

E pluribus unum, translated as "one of many," makes no sense on that poster. This phrase is printed on our money because each bill is indeed one of many, but there really aren't that many presidents. The person who made that logo has no idea what they're talking about.

Alright, let's stop calling biased, because everybody is biased towards their own views (even though he's right that a lot of kids take their elders' views without thought).
In my using, biased is to express a person influenced heavily and unknowingly by their elders or relatives

In my using, biased is to express a person influenced heavily and unknowingly by their elders or relatives
That is not the meaning of biased.

E pluribus unum, translated as "one of many," makes no sense on that poster. This phrase is printed on our money because each bill is indeed one of many, but there really aren't that many presidents. The person who made that logo has no idea what they're talking about.
Placing "E pluribus unum" on the presidential seal of a very large country makes no sense?

I can't truthfully see this thread ending well because 90% of the forums are uninformed children biased by their parent's radical beliefs.  I'm honestly tired of constantly being harassed politically by people who have not even a basic understanding of the current workings of the United States government.

But I will state that Barrack Obama is an absolute abomination to this country, and no I'm also not Republican or strongly conservative, just to let you know.  Obamacare is utter stuff along with the Fiscal Cliff incidents.  He has no leadership skills whatsoever and took credit for the assassination of Osama Bin Laden, even though the reconnaissance program was set up by George W. Bush.  He is a strictly liberal leader that has done nothing to improve our economy whatsoever.

Anyone who would like to argue this with me, wasn't he also the one who stated that by a few weeks ago unemployment would be below what, 6% if I recall correctly?
Gj Barrack, really keeping promises there man.
He is an abomination to this country but people seem to be under the impression that he has a direct hand in throwing jobs out of his mystical sleeves.  The only jobs I've seen him create are stuffty unnecessary highway "improvements" that don't even do anything to Maryland's highways, anyway.

The real problem with Barack Obama is the fact that he has, yet again, authorized another NDAA which still allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens.  Our government is quietly undermining civil liberties.

Then it is incorrect usage and will make you look stupid when presented.

Then it is incorrect usage and will make you look stupid when presented.
Was just using in inside this thread, wouldn't use it in that context in the real world.

The real problem with Barack Obama is the fact that he has, yet again, authorized another NDAA which still allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens.  Our government is quietly undermining civil liberties.
Don't you get it? There is no difference between (R) and (D).

op is missing about 4 other parties

We really need to break out of the two-party system..

Placing "E pluribus unum" on the presidential seal of a very large country makes no sense?
Correct. It makes no sense to be on the presidential seal. If it were on the flag or something, then it would make sense because it's one country out of many, but it's not really one president out of many.

op is missing about 4 other parties
The OP should include an explanation of the right and left wings.

Yeah, I'm fully aware already.

Is it illegal to run as democrat/republican, then once you reach presidency you just go full out libertarian?

We really need to break out of the two-party system..
Quote from: George Washington
Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of part generally... It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another... it is a spirit not to be encouraged..."

He was a prophet.