Author Topic: Bot Warriors [Alpha]  (Read 3101 times)

Needs better logo if anyone wants to make one for me.

Bot Warriors is a turn based fighting game, where you train your bots, earn levels which in turn, gives you skill points you can use. The current skills you can use them on is, health, strength and defense.

Future updates will include weapons, potions, a currency system or betting system, armor, character customization and a tournament type thing held on weekends.

This post is pretty blank right now, just started working on this. You can track the progress of Bot Warriors on my website, which you can get to from here, but I can't post a link.

If you can join my server, and leave some suggestions here on this topic that would be great! If not, well I hope you can later.

Sounds like an interesting concept. Be interesting to see where this'll go. :o

*Bump*

Love this game! Everyone.. must.. play it!

Link too website http://www.elmshouse.weebly.com
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:15:49 AM by crazycrypt »

Yeah It's awesome once you figure out how to use it. Its rather buggy at first.

Well, now I've just written a script that automatically trains my bot over and over. Do something to prevent "grinding bots", elm.

On the other hand, I'm quite disappointed at this. I expected more than just "hit, hit, hit, block, hit, block, block, hit, critical, hit, ...". How about some more player control with selections between different actions and items but still turn-based?

Also, fix your notifications:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:44:25 PM by Port »

Well, now I've just written a script that automatically trains my bot over and over. Do something to prevent "grinding bots", elm.

On the other hand, I'm quite disappointed at this. I expected more than just "hit, hit, hit, block, hit, block, block, hit, critical, hit, ...". How about some more player control with selections between different actions and items but still turn-based?

Also, fix your notifications:

Alpha alpha alpha alpha.

If you could make it like Valkyria Chronicles I will love you.

To outline how the gameplay works:

Every turn you get a number of command points. Each point allows you to take control of a unit and move it around. Once during this period, the unit may use a weapon it has equipped. If they walk into the range of an enemy unit, the enemy unit will automatically fire upon the currently selected player. Once you run out of CP or want to end your turn, it becomes the enemy's turn, and the roles are switched around. During the enemy's turn you cannot move or heal your units.

What I was thinking is retaining the free-move ability of the units so gameplay is more interesting than just clicking commands every turn

If you could make it like Valkyria Chronicles I will love you.

To outline how the gameplay works:

Every turn you get a number of command points. Each point allows you to take control of a unit and move it around. Once during this period, the unit may use a weapon it has equipped. If they walk into the range of an enemy unit, the enemy unit will automatically fire upon the currently selected player. Once you run out of CP or want to end your turn, it becomes the enemy's turn, and the roles are switched around. During the enemy's turn you cannot move or heal your units.

What I was thinking is retaining the free-move ability of the units so gameplay is more interesting than just clicking commands every turn

That would require a total rewrite which I don't want to do right now. If you want to, I can help you out and you can be the creator of such a gamemode..

I can't script for stuff.

Just throwing an idea out there.

Welp, good luck.

I can't script for stuff.

Just throwing an idea out there.

Welp, good luck.

Yeah ideas and suggestions are always welcomed, thanks for your input.

Well apparently. My bump didn't work as much as I men't it too.. oh well =P