Author Topic: 0x10c - Notch's New Game!  (Read 27628 times)

Then you are a man of greater comprehension than I am, but that doesn't change the fact that those idiots pretending to be British are pretty much incomprehensible

woooooo notch says he's working on updating the specifications for DCPU and making a playable version :D

These guys are fun to listen to.  If there is no profanity they're my new favorite video game commentators.

that feel when monthly fee for no textures and no actual physics

but hey, i love programming simulators so it'll all be fun

probably not
i could be wrong, but it's SIMILAR to assembly, not EXACTLY assembly. having a decent grasp of the assembly language would be a good idea.
It is assembly. Assembly is not a singular language. It is just a human readable method of giving a processor instructions and that is entirely dependent on the processor's instruction set architecture.

woooooo notch says he's working on updating the specifications for DCPU and making a playable version :D

Playable version probably doesn't mean public. Just a version that actually does something similar to the end result he could show off in a video.

It is assembly. Assembly is not a singular language. It is just a human readable method of giving a processor instructions and that is entirely dependent on the processor's instruction set architecture.
speaking of which, didn't i ask for your steam so I could fill your ear about how i don't know a damn thing about assembly?

Playable version probably doesn't mean public. Just a version that actually does something similar to the end result he could show off in a video.
still, it's exciting lol

If you look at the official 0x10c site, "Releasing a DCPU-16 emulator environment" is on the todo list. Looks like it's going to be public.

Edit: Just read Notch's twitter and see that you weren't talking about the DCPU-16, I agree, playable probably doesn't necessarily mean public in this case.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:59:03 AM by Nitramtj »

I want a crap ton of different clothing, If you can't have a skin like Minecraft that is.

Quote from: https://twitter.com/notch/status/189551069016244226
We should probably stick an open source community made OS in the default computers in 0x10c. I can't code those things as well as you can!

Hurry, someone make an amazing OS that works in the game and put it up for default OS of the game!

speaking of which, didn't i ask for your steam so I could fill your ear about how i don't know a damn thing about assembly?
So you did. I was out of town from Thursday night until Sunday night so I didn't see it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/stevejorbs