Author Topic: Just got my first tattoo!  (Read 2889 times)

Decided to post it here because if I remember correctly, some people very much like tattoos and some don't here.
The photograph is badly lit because I had to take it myself with my SLR, meaning angling was incredibly hard. Due to this, the full range of colours isn't visible.
Here it is!

Was designed by a friend of mine from Australia so that no-one else would have it, and it is a meaningful design to me.
Any Blockheads got any questions? (As in, about the process or stuff, not "wat will u do when ur old lelelel")

For reference before someone says anything, I am genuinely pursuing a career in the Music industry, this isn't just some "i liek music it meens so much" thing. Got a Grade 8 in Guitar, A at GCSE Music, currently studying both Music and Music Technology A-Levels (Prediced B/A* respectively), and will be going onto a degree of Professional Musicianship. (As well as guitar I can also play Piano, Bass, and Ukulele (although who can't).)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:46:46 PM by Saug846 »

looks like something a slightly overweight 20 something year old women would wear

looks like something a slightly overweight 20 something year old women would wear
Clearly that's what I was going for

Why this and not something more uh masculine

like barbed wire

Good job expressing yourself.

inb4 someone comments about the quality claiming they know a lot about tattoos when they just are pulling facts from their brown town cavity.

Nice tat :)

Good job expressing yourself.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but thanks either way.

inb4 someone comments about the quality claiming they know a lot about tattoos when they just are pulling facts from their brown town cavity.

Nice tat :)

Because I don't understand the need people feel to express their masculinity.. I'm comfortable with myself?

Because I don't understand the need people feel to express their masculinity.. I'm comfortable with myself?
Yeah no problem with that it's just that it's unusual for a guy to have these kind of tattoos.

are you slowly becoming one of those people whose skin consists of tattoos

and then you get old and it shrivels up

Yeah no problem with that it's just that it's unusual for a guy to have these kind of tattoos.

Wanted to make something to do with my passion rather than something that simply looked cool. I hate the idea of flash tattoos from an artist's book for that reason, I can't understand people getting them at all.
The rose is a sentimental part of it and to cut a long story short, homage to the house I grew up in that I can no longer visit, sadly. As for the colouring, it does also involve the sentimental purpose, as well as fulfilling the fact that I love blue/purple colours. There's a lot more blue in IRL, the colour didn't come out too well on the photo ;s

are you slowly becoming one of those people whose skin consists of tattoos

No, I don't really want to go for that look. I have a few more ideas but I still want the majority of my body to be clear flesh. I also want to stay away from places that change a lot as you age, only going for places that provided you stay healthy, will not droop or whatever. I know that it wont look better when I'm older, but I don't mind. I'd rather be colourful than simply wrinkley

How much did it hurt on a scale of 1-10?

I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo but so far I haven't found anything I like enough.

How much did it hurt on a scale of 1-10?

I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo but so far I haven't found anything I like enough.

Most people I've spoken to said that the bicep part is about a 5, and the shoulder an 8/9.
On my scale of things, it was nowhere near that painful. To me, this hurt less than getting vaccination injections does. The outlining is mildly discomforting, and is definitely a 6/10 on the shoulder (the closer to the bone, the more it hurts), but the majority is colouring, which instead of using a single needle, it looks almost like a paintbrush made of metal. I could barely feel the colouring needle, mainly just the gun vibrating, it was actually quite relaxing. I give the colouring needle a 2/10 because it was pretty nice. The outlining needle on the bicep part was probably a 4. The afterwards is feeling a bit like sunburn.