Author Topic: Fasting for 11 hours @22:00 gmt. (Apparently this is now the official blood megathread.)  (Read 3240 times)

BE SURE TO BRING SOMETHING TO DO IN THE WAITING ROOM
When I did mine I spent a whole hour waiting
Good thing I brought sketch paper with me
Yep, got music and stuff.

Yep, got music and stuff.
Okay good
If I didn't bring that book of mine I would have been bored to forget

i know the same feel.

i'm most likely going to have to do this soon since i'm getting my cyst/tumor out in 1 month.

i gotta fast for the surgery, prolly not for the bloodwork tho.

needles ain't that bad bro. i was pretty bad with em too but i got over it since i've been getting poked and prodded for a year.

plus when you're strapped down on laughing gas it don't matter no more.

I've been actually interested in painting with my own blood
I can't really paint well though

Just go to a butcher and get some pigs blood.

Just go to a butcher and get some pigs blood.

But then it loses the meaning!

Food coloring also works. My sister did some pretty cool stuff.

I get blood work done all the time but normally I don't have to fast. About a week ago I had the most blood work I've ever had done. They had too draw like 2 dozen vials of blood. Then they did a arterial blood gas test, where they stick a needle in my wrist into the artery, they always say it's gonna hurt like a mother forgeter but it actually hurts the least since it's a really tiny needle. The only thing that actually hurts are IV's in your hand, those suck.

Just had it done. My opinion on needles in general hasn't changed a bit, but I don't mind having blood taken now. My arm is going dead :D.

Just had it done. My opinion on needles in general hasn't changed a bit, but I don't mind having blood taken now. My arm is going dead :D.
How many vials did they do?

How many vials did they do?
I don't know, I chose not to look at the needle so I don't know how muh they took out, didn't take long so I assume only 1 or 2 vials.

The amount that having blood drawn really depends on the skill of the person doing it. Like if you get a bad person it's gonna suck so hard.

Side note here, since when did blood tests require fasting? Never in my life have I had to fast for more than like an hour before a blood test. Is this new?

Side note here, since when did blood tests require fasting? Never in my life have I had to fast for more than like an hour before a blood test. Is this new?

Probably longer than your parents have been alive. It's not all tests only certain tests require it.

I never heard of any fasting going on, what religion?

literally
the first sentence of OP
you didn't read it

...not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

Are you illiterate or something?