Blockland Forums > Modification Help

Wheel Hubs and accessories

(1/2) > >>

Gastrocnemius:
Ok. Im making a vehicle thats going to use two wheels. But, these two wheels will be not circles, but ovalish tracks. (a tank). So, i want the tracks to rotate obviously, like wheels do, but first of all how can i change the wheel mount point location and second of all how can i make it so the track doesnt just flip in a 360 rotation? Can anyone help me out here? I want the tracks to move smoothly over the hubcaps. Plz help me out.

Spaceomega:
well...Just and idea.  Create another wheel model & mount and such on top of the wheel and i think that might work.  Maybe.

fishpen0:
but it would be so cool to watch a tank bounce up and down as the "track makes a 360 degree rotation"...

seriously, just make an animated tread then put hidden wheels within the tread, so it would really be a four wheeled vehicle, but look like it was using the treads to drive.

Gastrocnemius:
hmmm......at one point, there is the description about the "wheel" that gives mass and radius, and those variables only. so, the script is assuming the "wheel" is a circle, no? so...if i were to insert....an equation for an ellipse instead....might that work? Also, how cna i write where i want the tires to spawn on the vehicle?

Gastrocnemius:
it wont even spawn my tank....the console box, with similar lines regarding small other thins, keeeps saying something like ".....:wheel index not bound : hub 131241 ....." . whats with the hub crap? wat is that? how cna i change that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version