Author Topic: EvDowg's 1.1 Minecraft Server  (Read 2434 times)

We can't all be techie geniuses...
LOL
It's funny because hamachi is harder to set up & coordinate then just portforwarding.

We can't all be techie geniuses...

It's so easy to portforward...hamachi is a bitch to set up and a bitch to play on a server through. Who wants to go through all those extra steps?

It's so easy to portforward...hamachi is a bitch to set up and a bitch to play on a server through. Who wants to go through all those extra steps?
FOR SCIENCE

Port forwarding is actully really hard...

Hamachi is harder...

Port forwarding is actully really hard...

Hamachi is harder...

Portforwarding for idiots like OP, and for other people who think it's really hard:

1. Go to this site simply to get your router info, and for the ports that Minecraft needs. Should be self-explanatory.

2. Log-in to the admin page of your router by going to the search bar of your browser and typing the root IP address. It's typically 192.168.1.1, and the username/password that it will ask for varies. The default password listings should be on that site, and if it's saying it's wrong, ask your parents.

3. Host.

Portforwarding for idiots like OP, and for other people who think it's really hard:

1. Go to this site simply to get your router info, and for the ports that Minecraft needs. Should be self-explanatory.

2. Log-in to the admin page of your router by going to the search bar of your browser and typing the root IP address. It's typically 192.168.1.1, and the username/password that it will ask for varies. The default password listings should be on that site, and if it's saying it's wrong, ask your parents.

3. Host.
Not everyone's router works for port forwarding. They may have the option, but it doesn't work. Like mine >:C

3. Host.

All the stuff it says is out of date for my router :I

That is why you dont see my hosting

Ok then... Controversy aside, if it's really harder with Hamachi how come I can't do it the "normal" way? It's like saying you suck playing Halo on Easy, but you own on Heroic. Catch my drift?

Im too lazy to change title. :\

You shouldn't be hosting a server. If you can't manage to tell users when the server is even online, I can't imagine you do a great job of managing people in-game. I could be wrong though. I just think your time is better spent doing something else, like maybe developing plugins for Bukkit or building cool stuff in BL or MC. Obviously though, it's up to you.

Im too lazy to change title. :\

if you're going to have a topic about it atleast be more responsible