Author Topic: What was the worst book or story you ever read?  (Read 5391 times)

If reading is making somebody's head hurt they might actually have a tumor.
Otherwise reading should never make somebody's head hurt. I'm legit curious what he didn't like about the Time Machine cause it's one of my favs, a total classic.

my head literally didn't hurt, that was an brown townogy (or something)

I understand HG Wells is a great author and The Time Machine is a great book but my first intro to it was horrible and I was barely able to understand what was going on

I might come back to it in audio book form if I really want to

I cant remember the name but its something about the inventor of the atomic bombs who where dropped on japan
The storytelling was a complete mess, dropped it after 5 chapters.

my head literally didn't hurt, that was an brown townogy (or something)

I understand HG Wells is a great author and The Time Machine is a great book but my first intro to it was horrible and I was barely able to understand what was going on

I might come back to it in audio book form if I really want to
mmm understandable, the first bit is spent trying to describe the fourth dimension in 1800s plain english, so it could be difficult to read.

I can't really think of anything but I read so fast big details get lost so I have to go back like 10 pages because I'm confused as forget

The Giver. forget that book.
I hear it's getting a movie too.

forget that movie.

another book i really don't like is the old man and the sea

it's extraordinarily boring and i don't get why so many people see it as a "classic"

another book i really don't like is the old man and the sea

it's extraordinarily boring and i don't get why so many people see it as a "classic"
yeah, when I read the my weird school books, the jokes are stuff even for a book for first to second grader and my god, the stories in each book are loving stupid as stuff, but it's been awhile since I read the books, so I need reread them to tell how stupid the books are. I don't how teachers even loving recommend these books to young students. What's sad, that I read the other authors books and they're all 100 times better.

The scarlet letter

forget that book

I hear it's getting a movie too.
the movie was released like 3 years ago
(spoiler alert it sucked)

the movie was released like 3 years ago
(spoiler alert it sucked)

Holy stuff, how long did I suppress that thought for?
Answer: 3 years

Be me in 4th grade and have the class read out-loud the chapter where the kid breaks his leg.

forget that book.

o

i read it in 7th grade and loved it