Author Topic: My dad has a ruptured disk in his neck.  (Read 1381 times)

Given the case, it will actually lower the pain and probable null it. Unless you pay a homeless guy to operate you and use a tuna can filled with magic liquid to replace the borked disk.

Given the case, it will actually lower the pain and probable null it. Unless you pay a homeless guy to operate you and use a tuna can filled with magic liquid to replace the borked disk.

pie crust once again shows us that you have to do your research before opening your mouth

However, in this past month or so, his chest pains have gotten extremely bad, to where he calls it the worst pain he's ever felt in his life. Well, yesterday, he got an MRI and found out that he has a ruptured disk in his neck.

What does this mean for him? How can it be fixed? Is he gonna be alright?
In contrast to the other major causes of severe chest pain (aortic dissection, heart attack, pulmonary embolism), a ruptured cervical disk is practically a grace from God. Sure, it'll cause him chronic pain, but it won't kill him.

Anyway, they have surgeries that can fuse his ruptured disk to another one of his vertebra that hasn't been herniated yet, and that'll reduce his pain. There's probably non-surgical options they'll start him on first, but even the surgical ones aren't particularly dangerous procedures.

For my herniated disk they are having me do physical therapy. Not sure if it'll help because I have yet to go. The next option is injections that will attempt to fix the disk. After that is surgery.

There are plenty of options out there.

He already has 10 screws and 3 steel plates in his foot.
if he injures all of his body he can become a robot
give him a little "push" to help him out