Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3875517 times)

If i'm not mistaken, it's just a looping spinning animation that eventually is hidden and replaced with the mesh that is animated to fall over

Will we one day have Beyblades?

that's actually a single mesh with 2 animations, one spinning, and one falling over + blur / wind disappearing.

Maybe its because my dumb ass decided to uncheck "export material information"
Another problem, it decides for some reason to smooth the model with exporting. wat do

edit:
jesus thats gigantic

But how to fix the smoothness?

You should keep the sword that big. Who cares if it'd be impossible to lift, much less wield, if it were a real sword. Do it.

Maybe its because my dumb ass decided to uncheck "export material information"
Another problem, it decides for some reason to smooth the model with exporting. wat do

edit:
jesus thats gigantic
[img ]http://i.imgur.com/OyARcr3.png?1[/img]
But how to fix the smoothness?

ensure that the faces are flatshaded in edit mode by selecting all and clicking "flatshade" in the UV/shading menu on the left bar (assuming you're using 2.7# and ports exporter)

I fix (thanks Darksaber2213 and Conan)
I think its even bigger now because I ran into some trouble with port's exporter. Who cares, you can now slaughter even more people with just a single swing!

Download here if you want to make it an addon or whatever because I know batstuff about scripting and id rather leave it to someone else than release a half assed addon (direct)

Offtopic but is there anti-aliasing or atleast a vsync setting for blockland?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:56:22 AM by espio100 »

Offtopic but is there anti-aliasing or atleast a vsync setting for blockland?

i'm pretty certain vsync is in blockland as an option, but anti-aliasing requires you to go to your graphics control panel and force it yourself.

I think its even bigger now because I ran into some trouble with port's exporter.

If you press "Ctrl A" and choose scale it will export the correct size.

If you press "Ctrl A" and choose scale it will export the correct size.
O really
I'll keep that in mind for the next time

After maybe an hour or so I have created my new masterpiece
I call it
The drama gun!

Thas joke already has been made, isnt it?

edit: oh boy, I forgeted up the materials
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:16:32 AM by espio100 »

It's kind of a shame you can't really make an accurately sized Dragonslayer and make it look good in BL at the same time since like the blade itself is about Guts' height from his feet to about over his shoulders, and since the Blockhead itself is quite small it wouldn't quite look as large as it should if it were to scale, but despite that it's really good, congrats!

Panic Attack (View in 3D)

Someone teach me what it means to love again

Someone teach me what it means to love again
Keep calm and AGAUGAUGAUGAUGAUGH!

why aren't there more guns with LOD animations holy

this only took me a few hours of experimentation to get down and most of the time was just fixing the animations so they dont derp with each other

im planning to do it to the kaje sniper rifle reskin i posted a while back so i can get rid of the fugly third person hands.
note the shotgun isn't entirely done; im gonna refine the anims a bit to feel a tad more solid and add a fire anim where the gun kicks back.

and add a proper impulse explosion since for the first person impulse atm i just reused the projectile the gun shoots.

edit: replaced gif with better gif
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:18:29 PM by Conan »

I rather like the animations! It's neat how immersive it looks in 1st person without looking goofy as hell in 3rd person view.

wip

Modeling this out of a single cube was worse than hell

EDIT:
Its coming together p nice!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:34:57 AM by espio100 »

why aren't there more guns with LOD animations holy

this only took me a few hours of experimentation to get down and most of the time was just fixing the animations so they dont derp with each other

im planning to do it to the kaje sniper rifle reskin i posted a while back so i can get rid of the fugly third person hands.
note the shotgun isn't entirely done; im gonna refine the anims a bit to feel a tad more solid and add a fire anim where the gun kicks back.

and add a proper impulse explosion since for the first person impulse atm i just reused the projectile the gun shoots.

If you start this animation with the smoke emitter still attached to the muzzle, does it move weirdly in 3rd person? Like both the 1st and 3rd person animations are somehow playing at the same time?

I got this problem when exporting the new dup model so I'm wondering if I did it wrong or the engine is broken.