Author Topic: Assembly Programming!  (Read 1197 times)

i knew assembly sounded familiar

i couldnt tell you anything about it now, but back in my zelda editing days you could use both C and ASM for text editing, writing custom actors/overlays, using animated textures etc.

this rly makes me want to get back into that scene. OOT debug ROM editing was fun

i knew assembly sounded familiar

i couldnt tell you anything about it now, but back in my zelda editing days you could use both C and ASM for text editing, writing custom actors/overlays, using animated textures etc.

this rly makes me want to get back into that scene. OOT debug ROM editing was fun
loving love rom hacks. Infact, I'm attempting to manually statically recompile the gameboy tetris for my t84.

the gameboy's cpu is super similar to the z80 cpu (which is what the t84 uses) except a few opcodes are changed.. at first I thought you could just scan through the code and replace all the bad opcodes with changed ones, but it's much more difficult since theres no way to tell the difference between code and data (this is the best way to prevent reverse engineering btw- don't mark your data & code sections)

loving love rom hacks. Infact, I'm attempting to manually statically recompile the gameboy tetris for my t84.

the gameboy's cpu is super similar to the z80 cpu (which is what the t84 uses) except a few opcodes are changed.. at first I thought you could just scan through the code and replace all the bad opcodes with changed ones, but it's much more difficult since theres no way to tell the difference between code and data (this is the best way to prevent reverse engineering btw- don't mark your data & code sections)
i used to document my work with roms, but literally all that remains are my tools (thank god) and a few map injections. i know i had a topic on here somewhere that explained my experiments with ripping/porting maps from zelda to blockland. they where horridly broken but it was the most accomplishing feeling getting to play in hyrule field via bl

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:12:03 AM by Ono-Sendai »