Author Topic: Richard Spencer gets bulied by woman in gym, loses gym membership  (Read 26469 times)

The graph is biased due to it having purely only negatie options. No wonder it has bad results, those are the only loving options that the people had.

If you're going to post "facts," be sure it is not biased. Bias =/= fact.

I'm sure you know this now but you doubting whether or not its a real hate crime doesn't change the fact that they're real hate crimes, de jure

if there's one thing statistics has taught us its that a small sample size is undeniable proof that the entire population follows the same trend. So i guess 20% of white people in america dont admire black people at all. The proof's all right there

lol

80% of black people in america agree that white people don't know how to dance or cook
im ok with dancing but cooking?????? wtf?????

im ok with dancing but cooking?????? wtf?????

we don't use seasonings, apparently

if there's one thing statistics has taught us its that a small sample size is undeniable proof that the entire population follows the same trend.
is this sarcasm?

is this sarcasm?
yeah, phantos went on for a lil bit in another saying that a sample size of 63000 or smth wasn't big enough for a pew research data set to be representative and nobody agreed with him. not sure why it was necessary to bring it up tho

Pew is a proven fascist "research" center that spreads propaganda to white men and tries to radicalize them

yeah, phantos went on for a lil bit in another saying that a sample size of 63000 or smth wasn't big enough for a pew research data set to be representative and nobody agreed with him. not sure why it was necessary to bring it up tho
63,000 people? Jesus, how is that not big enough?

The graph is biased due to it having purely only negatie options. No wonder it has bad results, those are the only loving options that the people had.

If you're going to post "facts," be sure it is not biased. Bias =/= fact.
You weren't this vocal on the 'x% of muslims want to end civilization" graph. singing a different tune?

63,000 people? Jesus, how is that not big enough?
That's 63 thousand people out of 1.8 billion total. its 0.0003% of the population

is this a joke
I can't even tell anymore
its entirely sarcastic
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:59:25 PM by PhantOS »

That's 63 thousand people out of 1.8 billion total. its 0.0003% of the population
Do you want them to interview 1.8 billion people?

do you not know how surveys/statistics work
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:07:31 PM by Electrk. »

you generally consider 10% of the population, but not greater than 1000, to be sufficiently representative, and an error of +/-3% ideal

https://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

as long as you have a well-distributed random sample, it works.

I don't mean to defend the message that people are making using the statistics, but an unbiased sample of 63000 is extremely representative of the overall population generally. The keyword there being "unbiased" - if you're going to dispute those statistics you should probably look at the methodology and not the sample size.

I think the point PhantOS is making isn't that a sample of 63,000 is statistically insufficient, but rather the fact that people are using these surveys to treat other people badly.  Even though they're using the views of one person to judge like 28,571 other people. That is a stuffty thing to do from a human-morality standpoint. If a similar study showed something bad about conservatives, I wouldn't be using that to stuff on my conservative friends.

I think the point PhantOS is making isn't that a sample of 63,000 is statistically insufficient, but rather the fact that people are using these surveys to treat other people badly.  Even though they're using the views of one person to judge like 28,571 other people. That is a stuffty thing to do from a human-morality standpoint. If a similar study showed something bad about conservatives, I wouldn't be using that to stuff on my conservative friends.
if that's the case, then yeah, i agree