Author Topic: Shaders And Maps  (Read 5574 times)

I recently send badspot a message, although he wont read it probobly, I am trying to make a prototype to show blockland can run maps AND shaders, any good programs know?

PS: I will submit it too him and hopefully we can have maps and shaders.

How are you gonna make a prototype to show this off?

I'm really not sure, I know I will need good programs, I will make a video link on the forums of it.
I am researching for good programs and softwares to make it compatible

One more thing, I've taken a few tech classes and computer science so I have somewhat of an idea for what I'm gonna do.

Well i'd say that you can use the Torque Game Engine, but Garage Games has updated that to Torque 3D which the engine itself has had many major changes to it since this old and long outdated version that Blockland uses, i think the only way you can get the Torque Game Engine with terrains and interiors if you can find the old demo that shows off the engine's features

You can find a download to the older Blockland versions that have terrains and interiors, but the base scripts and such for the game and the engine itself are encrypted and are thus unable to be edited by those who lack the source files (a.k.a. everyone except Badspot, most likely)

Also, i believe everyone's said that it's possible that Blockland could have both terrains, interiors and shaders, but that requires re-coding the engine to make them more compatible with each other, but it's more trouble than it's worth (correct me if i'm wrong)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:58:16 AM by Masterlegodude »

I've already started, Torque 3D works great and I got the first line done because of easy access in Toque, It's not 100% finished, more like 3% done. But great progress I will try and post a link to the uploaded screenshots.

I'm having trouble uploading the pictures

Original

Low quality shaders in progress

Did you import the Bedroom map as DTS into the game or are you using Blockland v20 with a yellow sun light in the Bedroom map?

I messed around with torque and the blockland files but the shaders kinda failed at first I fixed it though.

The vehicle wheels and the one of the colors messed up, but shaders are going good, the maps make it's kinda laggy kinda laggy though it is still playable