Poll

Do you think Mr. Hartman should put his game on Steam Greenlight for us to vote on?

Yes!
No. (Specify)
I'm not sure...

Author Topic: ▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓  (Read 19219 times)

Idear: Only those that buy off steam can use the steam forums version of blockland forums. Those who still buy it not from steam can use the regular blockland forums.

I'd like to see a bigger Blockland community, would be great for those making YT videos of the game. This game is tonnes better as a product than Roblox but so much smaller in terms of players, but as I was saying to someone the other day its just because Roblox marketed itself properly.

It will be default for one, plus, don't worry, ephi can solve any issues that occur

wow terrible idea

all the default addons are all we need. no more, no less. we have all the types of weapons and vehicles right now, and we don't need to have non-default things. no.

steam chat / steam workshop >>>>>>>>>>>>>> RTB

nobody uses the general chat anyway

there does not need to be a different modding system. it is fine the way it is. there's no reason to change how it is. simply putting it on steam would be better than adding tons of new features that clog up the game.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:52:52 PM by Darkness ZXW »

no. steam comes with restrictions. i'm sure badspot has looked into it and has reasons for why it's not on steam. it's not like he doesn't know about steam.

Yo bros, if blockland did make it to steam it's not like we wouldn't be able to get addons anymore? Like over half the games on steam are mod-able w/o steam workshop and a bunch use launchers, too.

Anyone making the argument "more stupid people/more stupid servers/overpopulation of good servers" is dumb. There's thirty something thousand keys in existence, and, say, around 2500 active players at any given time(probably more but whatever). There's stupid people, there always will be. More stupid people means more cool people. Yes, some of the current "good" servers may have the blue name a lot of times but there would also be A LOT more of the "good" servers to boot. It's not like having more than 150 players on at a time would hurt anything.

Now of course that resides on the big "if", but still.

Does anyone understand that you would not have to get addons through steam? It could be almost entirely like it is right now.

Add-ons would be flooded with broken add-ons made by incompetent idiots who can't figure out how to make a server.cs.

I prefer not having it on steam.  I would understand Badspot's reasoning if he did it, but personally, I really enjoy the "small-town" feel of the game.  I enjoy knowing a majority of the people on here, and that wouldn't be possible with hundreds of thousands of players.  The transfer to Steam would be a huge sore, as some people would have to actually get a Steam, and Badspot would have to gswitch all the current players over..  And as heed said, Steam has restrictions, and it would be a pain to work around Steam.  

Add-ons would be flooded with broken add-ons made by incompetent idiots who can't figure out how to make a server.cs.

Oh my gosh this.

slash support

Badspot really needs to consider this.

do steam games force steam to be running for them to run?

do steam games force steam to be running for them to run?
Yes, but you can always go in offline mode.

Yes, but you can always go in offline mode.
any steam game? even indie games on steam require steam to be running to launch?

When can I start using this?
Steam Greenlight is slated to launch at the end of August

more like END OF FEBRUARY

any steam game? even indie games on steam require steam to be running to launch?
Well, online-only games obviously need it to be online, but most games you can run in offline mode.

Well, online-only games obviously need it to be online, but most games you can run in offline mode.
but you still need steam running in the background?