Author Topic: Keyring Chainmail  (Read 6447 times)

I finally got some keyrings. 20 bucks for a thousand. I hope to make a whole chain mail shirt oh of these.

Cool idea to make chainmail, but I don't think those big holed rings will do you much good against stabs :P /joke, don't assume that I think this will be used for actual protection.

That looks like it'll take a while :o

Yeah, I realized that while I made the first part...
Anyways, that whole thing is probably 4-5 hours worth oh work.

Stabs = ouch

blunt hit with sword = yay

All you need to do is make overlapping layers for a good chainmail. 

Stabs = ouch

blunt hit with sword = ouch

It's like one of those things made to protect your balls (How could I forget the name of them?)
They protect from things, but when it gets hit it pushes into your pelvis and hurts like hell.

It's like one of those things made to protect your balls (How could I forget the name of them?)
They protect from things, but when it gets hit it pushes into your pelvis and hurts like hell.

at least you won't end up with scrambled eggs...

at least you won't end up with scrambled eggs...

Then kinda cook them...

You need to buy real chainmail supplies. You can make chainmail so smooth it's almost soft.

Keyrings? Pokin' yo bitch ass. However real chainmail's tedious as forget to make, and with is plier-free.

Cool idea, but not functional. You do know ThinkGeek sells chainmail, right?

If  you're gonna make a mail out of those, layer them to make them more effective.

Sounds kinda difficult to shape it into a shirt.

If  you're gonna make a mail out of those, layer them to make them more effective.

Myes

Haha wow I don't know what to say about this one :P