Author Topic: Problem with new headset  (Read 678 times)

I got a new headset today (turtle beach px21) but there seems to be a slight problem.

When I first plugged them in, everything was perfect, nothing wrong.  But recently its been having trouble. 
When I plug them in, I have to plug in both the USB and audio jack for anything to play.  And the headset itself does't play for some reason but rather these other speakers called "Realtek HD audio".  I have tried numerous times to set both devices (Turtle beach and RTHD Audio) to default, disabled, enabled, etc.  But nothing seems to be working.. 
Also, when sound does play (when the RTHD Audio is enabled) the sound is echoed.

Could someone help me?  I will be glad to give information on whats going on if you need any more.

Thanks!

IIRC the usb cable needs to be plugged in because it powers the headset.

Go to the properties of the turtle beach headset and then click the levels tab. Is the output slider set to 0?

IIRC the usb cable needs to be plugged in because it powers the headset.

Go to the properties of the turtle beach headset and then click the levels tab. Is the output slider set to 0?

Nope :/

for some reason if I play a song, it shows sound coming out but nothing does..

and with this, sound does come out of the headset, but it is horribly echoed
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:05:56 PM by WALK2222 »

And that's why I use Razer.

And that's why I use Razer.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha

added some more pictures

Try disabling the turtle beach in the sound settings. It plugs in with USB and a standard audio plug, right? The two could be conflicting or something.

The headset might just work with USB by itself as well.

Try disabling the turtle beach in the sound settings. It plugs in with USB and a standard audio plug, right? The two could be conflicting or something.

The headset might just work with USB by itself as well.
if I do that, for some reason the audio is really echoed.

if I do that, for some reason the audio is really echoed.
That's really strange. I'm out of ideas, though. Try contacting support; they might be able to fix it.

Install new audio drivers. I've had this problem before

Install new audio drivers. I've had this problem before
Just did, I thiiinnnkool kids klub that may have fixed the problem.  Thank you

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Shut up, Razer has great mouses.