Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 250601 times)

I have a question for everyone. when playing, what part of the screen do you focus on? The stage? The opponent? Your character?
The opponent and the space between me and the opponent, usually have to space myself when they put too much pressure on me or when I get to what I could call "self destructive" with the way I fight.

Anyway, guys. I'm working on a Little Mac compilation called Air Mac, which is actually going to be exclusively on air kills with Little Mac that I've been pulling off. When it is ready, I'll be sure to post it here.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:57:59 PM by maplelink64 »

I have a question for everyone. when playing, what part of the screen do you focus on? The stage? The opponent? Your character?
I've gotten confident enough in my tech skill and movement that I don't have to look at my character all the time. (This is Melee/PM)
In teams I used to tend to tunnel vision on one opponent but I've gotten better about it.

who was who lol?
all I remember was that I was P4

and I think maple was P1, niff was P2, and aces was P3
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:57:59 PM by Glass Joe »

mmm marth gets a little bit of a buff (2-3% on everything) this patch
that's cool for me at least

all I remember was that I was P4

and I think maple was P1, niff was P2, and aces was P3
yes sir

Do you guys prefer using tap up to jump or disabling tap up to jump and using a button for jumping?

Asking because I have met many people that disable taping up to jump and I'm curious to know why, I for one prefer tapping up to jump unless its a jump based endgame in smashrun.

man all these new characters have been so cool
if only they didn't cost like 35$ total like that's half a smash game brother

Do you guys prefer using tap up to jump or disabling tap up to jump and using a button for jumping?

Asking because I have met many people that disable taping up to jump and I'm curious to know why, I for one prefer tapping up to jump unless its a jump based endgame in smashrun.
I used buttons to jump for a while, but I started using tap jump recently. It actually isn't bad, though it's a bit tricky to do up-tilts/up-smashes.

man all these new characters have been so cool
if only they didn't cost like 35$ total like that's half a smash game brother
Yeah it's kinda ridiculous, especially when the base game will likely become cheaper as time goes on.
So long as they don't release a "complete" version with all DLC included.

Yeah it's kinda ridiculous, especially when the base game will likely become cheaper as time goes on.
So long as they don't release a "complete" version with all DLC included.
like the only character I even actually want is bayonetta anyways but still
also snake was my main in project m and now he's gone forever and I am sad

I use button jump most of the time, because it keeps your movement direction better
But tap jump makes out of shield options easier because you don't need to press jump first
And tap jump + c-stick is a really good way to jump and up air from the ground without accidentally up smashing, double jumping, or delaying your up air

So I use tap jump for jumping up airs and out of shield stuff, but that's really about it
i think it gets in the way of controlling your movement direction

Tap jump impedes up tilts. It makes them harder to do, because to up tilt you either have to use brown townog + A or you have to remap your c stick to tilts (which is only available in Sm4sh)

Some people also prefer to hold up for up airs sometimes, since using up and the brown townog stick is often faster than moving your thumb down to the c stick instead.

I keep it enabled for the spacies in PM so I can use tap jump to shine cancel for certain maneuvers. But in Sm4sh I don't think tap jump is really necessary for anything. Maybe it'd be useful for certain out of shield things.

i only use tap jump for shine cancels in melee

that's it

Oh well that's interesting, I may turn tap jump off for an while to see how it is.

About the c-stick though, I don't think you can re-map it on a N3DS, I have looked in the settings but I see no option for re-mapping the C-Stick on it.
Also I don't have a Wii U....might be getting whatever horrific name they give NX though.... (Lets hope its not something ridiculous like New WiiDS U 3D)