Author Topic: Sandstorm RP v.1.1 -discussion topic-  (Read 8024 times)

Sandstorm RP

Sandstorm RP - The Sandstorm RP is an RPG of adventure and survival. Using the hunger mod and cash mod 2, it is a way of survival. Every tick is 160 seconds (2 minutes) you can go 10 ticks (20 minutes) before you die of hunger, so you must have enough food to live. To buy food it costs $2 each, so you want to be constantly mining. When you are building you MUST build on a baseplate according to the rules. So make sure you have at least 500$ before you start making a cabin or shelter. A the current moment Aplem (me) is currently working on a help system.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictures

Bird's eye view:

Path on the side of the hill:

Copper mine:

Basic copper mine: (basic copper mines do not have an ATM terminal next to it and only about 20 bricks which means 20$)

Bank: (yes inside this RP the buildings have poor quality because that is the style of this RP. You are in a survival mode not all your buildings are going to be fancy, fancy.)

Inside of bank: (the terminals)

Food shop: (stand in front of the food to buy food. The hunger mod has separate bricks for food buying using the cash mod. Yes once again poor quality. It is meant to look like an ugly shack for a reason.)

Sandstorm RP Info and rules center: (all the things you need to know about Sandstorm RP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info & Progress

INFO:

Aplem (me) is currently working on a help script, stat script and a server Gui.

Help Script: Type /Help and a list as the following will appear:

Help: 1: Banking 2: Hunger Mod 3: Building Guidelines And Rules
Please type one of the following numbers to view that section.

After you would type: 1, 2 or 3 to view that area.

Banking: Will list all the help and info for banking.
Hunger Mod: Will list how to, buy food, eat food and give food.
Building Guidelines And Rules: Will list all the guidelines and rules to building.

~~~~
Stat Script: Type /Stats to view all your stats as following.

Cash: (shows how much cash you have with you and in bank)
Food: (shows how much food you have)
Hunger: (shows your hunger level 0/100 - 100/100)
Score: (shows your score)
Money Spent: (shows how much money you have spent on, food & bricks. Helps you make a plan for further preparations)

~~~~
Server GUI: You may download it inside the downloads section on this page once it is done.

Will basically show you every thing inside the stat script except it is easier to access and you may view it OUTSIDE the server.

Cash: (shows how much cash you have with you and in bank)
Food: (shows how much food you have)
Hunger: (shows your hunger level 0/100 - 100/100)
Score: (shows your score)
Money Spent: (shows how much money you have spent on, food & bricks. Helps you make a plan for further preparations)

Downloads

All the server add-on stuff for a better experience in Sandstorm RP.

T+T]forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewPack.php?id=30]T+T
Cash Mod]forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=711]Cash Mod
Hunger Mod]forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=73]Hunger Mod
Cash Storages]forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=68282.0]Cash Storages
Biplane]forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=517]Biplane
All the default add-ons.

Server Admins

~Aplem - Host
~SkullCandy - Super Admin
~Tylerman -  Super Admin
~Zarr - Admin

Helping Hands

Leonstormrat123
Needed Add-Ons Please Help

We need-

Multiple Variable Events (post the file in your comment if you have them)

V.1.1 Updates

Bricks do not cost money: ~A bug is making it so each brick costs $100 which makes it impossible to make a shack even.
Food now costs $2: Cause even though $5 sounds more real because of food shortage. It costs ALOT of money for food.
Wrench added to game: Only admins may make events though. Because I do not want people cheating for cash and what not.
Beta version now over: I have found most of the bugs in the game so no reason to worry about 25 bugs and issues. I am fixing the brick cost issue.
A sign leading to to the basic mine made: Because people can not follow paths leading straight down to a big mine, I made a sign.
New admin: Zarr.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:04:52 AM by NomAplemNom »

Pretty good. Why sandstorm though? Couldn't it be abandoned island where you have to build a raft by getting bricks (Using brick cost thingy)

We need-

Multiple Variable Events (post the file in your comment if you have them)

Could you elaborate?

Seems way too basic :7

You gonna post pics of my camp and your camp along with an updated version of the town with my shack and flames shack too??

Yes Leon I will.

Could you elaborate?

Meaning this:
MVE]http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=66920.0]MVE

Seems way too basic :7

It actually is not. Making the ores was a pain in the ass, after Leon mined the ones that take 5 minutes to come back.
The buildings are suppose to look basic as that is the style. You are stranded in the middle of the Sahara desert. You do not have the best shelters.

To buy food it costs $2 each, so you want to be constantly mining.

Ores respawning every 5mins makes it impossible to play for more than bout 3 players at a time, Also constantly mining is not fun :7

Ores respawning every 5mins makes it impossible to play for more than bout 3 players at a time, Also constantly mining is not fun :7

Hey there is about 40 mines all over the RP.

Here is the ores respawn time:

Copper: 1 minute
Iron: 2 minutes
Gold: 3 minutes
Ruby: 4 minutes
Crystal: 5 minutes

Hey there is about 40 mines all over the RP.

Here is the ores respawn time:

Copper: 1 minute
Iron: 2 minutes
Gold: 3 minutes
Ruby: 4 minutes
Crystal: 5 minutes

You added rubies and crystals?!??! :O

Even though they're supposed to be simple and the theme is survival, it lacks detail

Also, Where the stats are try to use a mix of browns/beiges. It would fit more into the theme. (And maybe a different font.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 07:02:13 PM by BrockCrock135 »

Even though they're supposed to be simple and the theme is survival, it lacks detail

Also, Where the stats are try to use a mix of browns/beiges. It would fit more into the theme. (And maybe a different font.)

It is not suppose to have a lot of detail. You are lost. You do not have many resources. I would be worried more about how to survive and eating more than how good I would build.

Lol @ L4D2 weps

Yes I am actually editing the script and the names to different. Such as STAK47

it looks like a snake

Why did I not see that cuming?

C wut I did thar? -------^^^^

You're lost but you still mine and buy food loel C: