Author Topic: My experience with Furby Spectacular or whatever  (Read 1214 times)

So, I decided to download officerzach's new game to play it. This is my review of the demo.

When the game first opens, an error screen will pop up.

To get out of the screen, just spam the ignore button.

This is the main menu. No options, no log outs or disconnects, just straight to the poi-

Why do we need two menus? I just wanna play my damn game! And what's this weeb crap on the bottom?! You ain't Japanese, so stop trying to be one! Also fix the text on the top right and make it a bright white. It will be much more readable if you do.

So we start off with the first level of the game. Already I see the first big problems of the game. The art, the music, the hud, it's all bad. But what I believe is the first mistake of the game is the introduction of our first enemies. We are given four goons that are just thrown in our face. Most 2D games would throw one villain at us, to give us a taste of what's to come. In the first Super Mario Bros. game, the first enemy comes into the screen after the player moves to the right of the screen, and it becomes a big surprise to the player when the goomba first makes its appearance. It comes as a shock to the player and forces the gamer to act fast. Here, no buildup to anything, just slap some Madmen lookin' asses on the screen. Also the game's pickups are milk and ice cream. The milk isn't the item that gives you health, it's the ice cream. There's to much of it lying around that the game doesn't become a challenge.

Aww yeah....

These are the first obstacles. i have no idea what they're supposed to be. In-ghame, they spin faster than a fidget spinner being blown by a leaf blower. They're supposed to hurt the player, but I managed to find them quite useful, because when you jump on the fidget spinner, it flings you upwards. Btw, at some point, the white clouds above the player will disappear, so if you jump high enough, you die. And if you die, you get spawned back to the beginning of the level.

It plays the sonic win theme when you complete the level.

Stage 2 funsies

Now we're just stealing from sanic

This is the first Furby you meet in the game. He's basically a tutorial on how to pause the game. Now, in anyone's right mind, you would think that pausing the game would be either p or esc. Well, come to find out later, I should have paid close attention to this.

Level 3 is basically just falling for at least a minute. Tbh, this should have been part of level 2. It would have been an okay set piece and would conclude the level quite nicely. However, officerzach likes to keep his levels short and inconsistent.

This, quite honestly, is by far the best level in the demo. The dark background and the use of brown coloring, as well as a spooky tune playing in the background all flow together fairly nicely. Unfortunately, it's all ruint by the same baddies and the same obstacles. If the enemies became ghosts or something, I would have given this a pass.

This is the first boss, which is just a blue square that shoots fireballs (really zach) and is hard to beat. The only way that I can defeat this boss is by jumping on the ledge to the right and bouncing on his head, which I was unable to do because, which I forgot to mention, when you try to hug a wall and press right as you are jumping into it, you immediately get thrown down, so it feels like you're hitting an invisible barrier, which there is none. I'm out of options so im left with pausing the game and hoping that there is a control menu. Hmm, P doesn't seem to work. How about esc?

Aaaaannnddd my game shut down.

This game needs a loooooooooooooottt of improving on, and if officerzach doesn't want to be the laughing stock of the gaming community, he needs to improve every aspect of the game.

he already is a laughing stock sooo

Also in the file download on officerzach's thread he made for this game, there's some trippy animations he made for the game, and one that confirms that furbies are from Iraq

honestly this is like critiquing a 4 year old's scribbles in his parents' phonebook, cmon
the amount of pretentiousness emanating from this "review" is astonishing -- making it a point to prove your own self-worth by making a separate thread about it, and then trying your best to find bullstuff to complain about that aren't already obvious to everyone?

This is the main menu. No options, no log outs or disconnects, just straight to the poi-

Why do we need two menus? I just wanna play my damn game!

man. what a rookie mistake. nobody in the 'gaming community' would ever accept such a blunder. an extra menu, with just the title and a button prompt?

ah, oof, ow, forgive me, i must've pasted an image by mistake

This game needs a loooooooooooooottt of improving on, and if officerzach doesn't want to be the laughing stock of the gaming community, he needs to improve every aspect of the game.

u 4 real

granted, the game is stuff, and zack was definitely in the wrong for being such a brat about his stuff game, but this thread just feels like a waste of badspot's forgetin storage space
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 11:20:19 AM by Tudoreleu »

This game looks like one of those early 2000's flash games made by some guy.

This game looks like one of those early 2000's flash games made by some guy.
and after the years that passed before you find the game- everybody forgets who made it becomes an anomaly

Spoiler alert, to defeat the boss you have to press z to shoot milk at him

Better story than hunt down the freeman

honestly this is like critiquing a 4 year old's scribbles in his parents' phonebook, cmon
perfect brown townogy.

obsessing over this kid's game and comparing it to loving mario is more autistic than anything zach has ever done

Locking because I went overboard and I should calm down.