Author Topic: Trading Cards - That old Add-On from 2007... I found it.  (Read 17342 times)

I am offering to do a complete remake of the mod, probably making the cards managed by a central server that I'd host, so that cards you own would stay the same though all servers, and no one could cheat the system. I'd also basically be remaking the cards.

Think I should bother?

I am offering to do a complete remake of the mod, probably making the cards managed by a central server that I'd host, so that cards you own would stay the same though all servers, and no one could cheat the system. I'd also basically be remaking the cards.

Think I should bother?

1: Make a server.
2: Give yourself all cards.

You could limit added cards, but you can always cheat it. That's why the Mining Mod isn't centralized.

But besides all that, you should bother. Make the cards dynamic though. Display like RTB will do avatars on the messenger.

Clock was on my server today. C:

It was fun.

In my huge server project, I plan on adding collectible things. Player cards may be added to this, based on your most recent appearance when you were on the server, and rarity will be based on your statistics.

Pretty broad...
You would understand better if you knew what I had planned. :)

You would understand better if you knew what I had planned. :)

There will be at most 2-3 rare cards and a billion crap cards. I'll be the worst card, though. :panda:

1: Make a server.
2: Give yourself all cards.

You could limit added cards, but you can always cheat it. That's why the Mining Mod isn't centralized.

But besides all that, you should bother. Make the cards dynamic though. Display like RTB will do avatars on the messenger.
1. Even if I gave myself cards, or something, I wouldn't do anything to ruin the fun or purpose of the mod for others.
2. These are cards, simple data values that can be applied in any genre of server, don't compare to mining mod.
3. There will be limited amounts of types of cards, and a limit on the cards themselves, when I've finished the mod, I'd post a topic where we'd all deliberate on who gets a card or not, what their description/bio should be, and how many should be released.
4. I don't understand what you mean by dynamic cards?

Think I should bother?
Exactly what I though. The card rates and such would be managed through a web server so nobody could cheat. You'd also only get cards if you had the mod.

Exactly what I though. The card rates and such would be managed through a web server so nobody could cheat. You'd also only get cards if you had the mod.
Blockland servers would do most card management.
You could only get new cards on a server, and could probably only trade on servers too, because I don't feel like making a client gui if no one really wants it.
I'm starting work on the server now.

You could only get new cards on a server, and could probably only trade on servers too, because I don't feel like making a client gui if no one really wants it.
Please do!  :o

The way I though it was that the clientside add-on does most of the stuff like trading, battling, collecting the cards etc. and the host must have the serverside add-on enabled for the players on the server to connect to the webserver which handles the card rates and the cards itself.

The way I though it was that the clientside add-on does most of the stuff like trading, battling, collecting the cards etc. and the host must have the serverside add-on enabled for the players on the server to connect to the webserver which handles the card rates and the cards itself.
I'm not really sure what you're talking about?
The master server stores the information on what cards everyone has, whenever someone wants to trade a card, they do so though the master server.