Author Topic: banned for clickpushing  (Read 26072 times)

"I do not like how this server operates / gamemode works. Rather than voicing my concerns to someone who can fix the problem, I will now attempt to solve this problem by actively breaking the rules of said server and refusing to stop."
When has this ever worked?

i guess i'll get punished for x silly action because x silly action isn't allowed.
noedit

yes because the world revolves around you obviously. you don't care whether it irritates people or not as long as the rules don't defy your way of thinking and logic you don't care. you're obviously right and everyone is wrong, always. you're perfect, and forget people who just want to have fun. if i don't like something, i'll continuously go out of my way to ruin people's fun because of it.

someone is clickpushing me!  hmm.  if only i could do something to get them to stop.  perhaps something involving using my legs to move away from the offending object.  by god, i think i'm onto something!

...you have no idea how this works so i'm going to go ahead and stop. you're needlessly being difficult about something that's simple to understand along with just rules.

im not supporting what the op is thinking but the fact that y'all decided to perma him for richarding around in a "non-serious gamemode" is pretty stuffty
anyways i don't play the server but wtf would the clickpush be used for apart from pushing players
We didn't perma him

also i'm pretty sure you basically straight-up said he was trying to entertain himself because he was bored of the lull at that particular time.  everyone keeps saying "oh he's just doing it to be an starfish" but i guess Everyone I Don't Like is an starfish

why does it seem to be an increasing normality for people on this forum to have a severe lack in comprehension skills?

why does it seem to be an increasing normality for people on this forum to have a severe lack in comprehension skills?
because majority of today's society is filled with ignorant, stubborn people

damn powerdag you're trying way too hard.

yes because the world revolves around you obviously. you don't care whether it irritates people or not as long as the rules don't defy your way of thinking and logic you don't care. you're obviously right and everyone is wrong, always. you're perfect, and forget people who just want to have fun. if i don't like something, i'll continuously go out of my way to ruin people's fun because of it.
yes hello i am god shower me in affection i am the most important being in the universe
now that that strawman is out of the way

...you have no idea how this works so i'm going to go ahead and stop. you're needlessly being difficult about something that's simple to understand along with just rules.
needless difficulty yes, simple to understand no
guy gets banned for willingly breaking a rule, sure, no question about the validity of that.
but then suddenly it's impossible to comprehend the idea that the rule itself should also get the boot separately from the person banned under it because it's
- unnecessarily specific ("don't be an starfish" is both more apt to the situation and more applicable in general)
- exaggerated (you can do literally anything to stop a person pushing you without having to get an admin involved)
- a mechanic issue to begin with (higher cooldowns, zone systems, no-collision dll, better map design, all much more effective than a rule but Oops Effort™ we'd rather just ban everyone who abuses an issue than make it not an issue in the first place)

damn powerdag you're trying way too hard.
aw, shucks, guess i get pretty heated about useless rules loving people over, don't i?

Imagine being this upset over someone clicking other people too much. Maybe make some rules that aren't pants-on-head handicapped and you won't get smart asses coming along to intentionally break them. Op's a handicap too for ignoring warnings but I don't know how you can justify a rule over PUSHING people. Why don't you make a rule for blocking entrances instead if it's so much of a problem that you need click-push enabled or learn better map design so people getting stuck in entrances or corridors isn't a problem in the first place. Also, how would no-collide ruin combat? It'd solve more problems than it'd cause from what I can tell.
guy gets banned for willingly breaking a rule, sure, no question about the validity of that.
but then suddenly it's impossible to comprehend the idea that the rule itself should also get the boot separately from the person banned under it because it's
- unnecessarily specific ("don't be an starfish" is both more apt to the situation and more applicable in general)
- exaggerated (you can do literally anything to stop a person pushing you without having to get an admin involved)
- a mechanic issue to begin with (higher cooldowns, zone systems, no-collision dll, better map design, all much more effective than a rule but Oops Effort™ we'd rather just ban everyone who abuses an issue than make it not an issue in the first place)
aw, shucks, guess i get pretty heated about useless rules loving people over, don't i?
Listen to this man because he is correct.

ITT people still being handicapped and not understanding why the rule is in place.

guess you just have to let people be stupid

me too but why does x mildly annoying thing require specific scrutiny?  "don't be an starfish" is a lot more effective than micromanagement.  excuse me i have to ban this person for standing really really close to people even though neither party is in any danger at any point that it happens.
so you are saying..... the rule is too specific? that he should've been banned, but just that the ban message should have said something else?

it wasnt even a rule though

ok what the forget is going on
can someone IM me the situation here

brickichu, no one is upset. Someone was constantly using the click push feature, you're predicting someone's emotion because they faced consequences for doing what told not to do.

No one's upset, OP got punished for not following the rules. Do you get upset when you enforce rules? Didn't think so. It's just a debate at the moment, all of this is opinions, but what's fact, is that he broke rules.