Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 350071 times)

Rotondo if you get the game on Steam Early access I will buy it the moment it comes out.

Regardless I will end up buying the game.

I discovered through an accident that I can get some cool results from messing with the path generator.

Could add some nice variety to the dungeon with some tweaking, I especially love the look of the pit paths.

Though if I implement this I have to make room to room connections not have a path, and instead just a door between them, since I want to be able to control exactly what each grid looks like.

If you look in pic 3 you can see some weirdness coming from the right room.

Yeah I guess on the paths with a drop on either side, you could put spikes on the wall that stab into the path rhythmically or something that would make it more varied and challenging.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:33:36 PM by Majorth »

Will moving platforms and such be possible?

Yeah I guess on the paths with a drop on either side, you could put spikes on the wall that stab into the path rhythmically or something that would make it more varied and challenging.

That would be pretty awesome.

They are, but I'm not sure if I'm going to try and tackle them for a while. Moving platforms are kind of weird in torque, since movement of your player is perfectly predicted on your end but the moving tile won't be.

--

I finished implementing the variety in paths thing I talked about earlier, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Breaks up the dungeon pretty nicely.

That's some really nice generation. The variety really adds to it.
I can't wait to see how that improves when you introduce themed dungeons and their own tiles, like ice (and water if it was still being considered).

I think that the early level shouldn't have as many pits

Waiting for the bumpers and pit rooms.

I think that the early level shouldn't have as many pits

i agree with this

other than that all of this looks incredible

I was thinking about that while making my above post.
Do you mean movement like that huge staircase in Harry Potter, (90 degree turns) or platforms going back and forth?

I was thinking about that while making my above post.
Do you mean movement like that huge staircase in Harry Potter, (90 degree turns) or platforms going back and forth?
A single (or group or multiple) tile that just slides around pit areas and such is what I had in mind.

Moving platforms are kind of weird in torque, since movement of your player is perfectly predicted on your end but the moving tile won't be.
wait, this is being done in torque?