Poll

If I were to do a weapons pack it should be:

Battlefield Themed
Warface Themed
Generic
Something Else (Comment)

Author Topic: BF3 Pack Links  (Read 23508 times)

Sorry to disappoint you ):
Aww. Why don't you release it?

no need to apologize, you said youd make something along that line and release no matter what so, im happy, just dont make me wait another 2 years. :D

Aww. Why don't you release it?

I couldn't figure some parts out when it came to scripts, since I really suck at it.

no need to apologize, you said youd make something along that line and release no matter what so, im happy, just dont make me wait another 2 years. :D

Lol I guess

I couldn't figure some parts out when it came to scripts, since I really suck at it.
It looks like it has potential to be a really good weapon pack, so if you were willing to work on it then you can look at other mods that have that script or go into coding help.

If you are tired of working on it though, that's fine.

This pack is literally a large, not funny, joke.

To clarify: I am not planning on making anything at the moment, but possibly this summer. I am switching to blender and need to learn how to use it first.
If you do, I would love more realistic weapons. Your pistols should not be more accurate, higher fire rate, and higher damage than your assault rifles. The snipers in BF3 are less accurate than some of the pistols. I think that things like that should be watched closely if you make a new weapon pack.

Don't redo a BF3 pack please. I would much rather we just pick out what weapons we want

Why not release mixed WW1-Today Wars packs?
Like Vietnam War, Vietnam Side weapons.

I'm going to update my estimate of function calls per second with this pack of weapons

Let's say you have 37 of these BF3 weapons installed.
Each has their own package for the trigger and light commands.
You have a decently popular server, 20 players, all actively trying their darnest to beat the enemy.

Each jumps 10 times per minute, crouches 7 times per minute, right clicks 5 times per minute (for ironsights), fires around twice a second on average, and reloads 6 times a minute.

That's 148 function calls per second, per player. Times 20, that's 2,960 function calls per second from just that package of weapons alone.

If you had 50 players, that would be 7,400 function calls per second. These are just estimations, but if you really did have 50 active players doing all that then your server would take a serious beating. The addon really should just be failbinned altogether imo.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:09:10 AM by Ipquarx »

I'm going to update my estimate of function calls per second with this pack of weapons

Let's say you have 37 of these BF3 weapons installed.
Each has their own package for the trigger and light commands.
You have a decently popular server, 20 players, all actively trying their darnest to beat the enemy.

Each jumps 10 times per minute, crouches 7 times per minute, right clicks 5 times per minute (for ironsights), fires around twice a second on average, and reloads 6 times a minute.

That's 148 function calls per second, per player. Times 20, that's 2,960 function calls per second from just that package of weapons alone.

If you had 50 players, that would be 7,400 function calls per second. These are just estimations, but if you really did have 50 active players doing all that then your server would take a serious beating. The addon really should just be failbinned altogether imo.

ok, im slowly heading towards you guy's side

ok, im slowly heading towards you guy's side
And let's not forget that the weapons will forget up your FOV if you have it set to anything other than 90 by default. I play at 100 FOV because I normally play fullscreen and when you switch between the weapons and use ironsights your FOV is set to 90, no matter what it originally was.

Guys, guys, Im not trying force these upon anyone. RTB was down and the original topic was too old so I posted the non-rtb links. Yes, there are issues with the pack that will hopefully be revolved if there are future packs. Please understand I made many of these when I was still in elementary school. I was also un-aware of the massive function calling issues untill now, so thankyou for making me aware, I do admire that some of you would put enough effort into finding the issues.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:52:43 PM by Sgt. A Walter »