Poll

Do you want this?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Request: 5 higth default doors  (Read 2519 times)

Can someone please remake all of the default doors into 5 blocks tall? Or just more doors? It's really bugging me because I'm making some lego stuff but I need doors that are 5 blocks tall, not 6. Please halp

Why do you need 5 tall?
I find 6 tall fine.
If you want it to fit correctly, just us a 1x4x5 print brick.

Why do you need 5 tall?
I find 6 tall fine.
If you want it to fit correctly, just us a 1x4x5 print brick.

This is true, though last time I checked, we didn't have a 1x4x5 print brick.

OP, not sure whether you know this or not, but we have something called JVS which are doors, buttons, levers, and gates that move.  All standard JVS doors are 5 height, so you can easily use those, although I don't think we ever had a lego-styled JVS door.  But, I would suggest against using these because they are going out of popular use in replacement for the new, default-style snapping doors, which are a lot better.  I recommend switching from using out-of-scale 5 height doors to 6, which is closer to (though still not quite) the realistic size.

OP, not sure whether you know this or not, but we have something called JVS which are doors, buttons, levers, and gates that move.  All standard JVS doors are 5 height, so you can easily use those, although I don't think we ever had a lego-styled JVS door.  But, I would suggest against using these because they are going out of popular use in replacement for the new, default-style snapping doors, which are a lot better.  I recommend switching from using out-of-scale 5 height doors to 6, which is closer to (though still not quite) the realistic size.

Badspot specifically said that JVS is a completely disorganized piece of stuff that shouldn't be used in bl.

Badspot specifically said that JVS is a completely disorganized piece of stuff that shouldn't be used in bl.
Badspot saying that it is bad should not be valued higher than any other user saying that it is bad.

Though they are a complete stuff, they are still useful for some people.

Badspot saying that it is bad should not be valued higher than any other user saying that it is bad.
It's not because he's Badspot. It's because of his very valid reasons for JVS being garbage.

But isn't there a default add-on (maybe not default, I dunno) that basically has JVS with the new events?
Or is that still bad or something?

But isn't there a default add-on (maybe not default, I dunno) that basically has JVS with the new events?
Or is that still bad or something?

The main reason people liked JVS so much was the many events that could be edited to create a unique experience.  Rotondo(?) remade a few JVS doors with the new door events, but kept the movement part of it.  I personally didn't like it, and so I switched to the default doors.

Isn't that the one that's default?
Wait, it's 1x4x4. Meh bad.

The main reason people liked JVS so much was the many events that could be edited to create a unique experience.  Rotondo(?) remade a few JVS doors with the new door events, but kept the movement part of it.  I personally didn't like it, and so I switched to the default doors.
That's those crap legacy doors. You don't have to use that however so there is no reason to not keep using JVS.

It's not because he's Badspot. It's because of his very valid reasons for JVS being garbage.
Where do I find those valid reasons?

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=219103.msg6275009#msg6275009

• 16 events to open a goddamn door.
Because of high customization. You don't need that content blocked and content stuck though, so you get down to 8 events to open and close the door. Sounds fine to me.
  • stuffty AIM sounds
Much better than that ew "click" sound from default doors or how legacy doors gives every door the same ew sound.
  • Ego-wank "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
I agree. That's easily fixed though.
  • Ass-backwards-as-forget loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.
I'm not sure whether this is about brick loading times (executing the add-ons) or brick loading times (in server) but it sounds fixable.
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
This is indeed a completely useless feature.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system -rage about abusive kids-
Don't use it then, there is absolutely no reason to complain about it just because you don't see the use, many others find it VERY useful..

Funny how it was Zeblote he was replying to last time

Funny how it was Zeblote he was replying to last time
holy crap you're right