Author Topic: ideas on how to gain more players  (Read 13425 times)

They do have a point that the forums are generally hostile. Nobody new can join without being accused of being an alt, so to immediately have to prove your identity and essentially be persecuted doesn't help. We also have to keep in mind that many are kids who really have no concept of "forum etiquette" and are immediately met with hostility instead of being redirected to something a little more helpful so that they can learn from their mistakes.

We also are kind of more Shock Humor despite dying off shortly. The Blockland forums isn't that generally nice and most of the community is here than much of the game. We did got better on addons but, we did devolve into what we are here today. Many suggestions were left unanswered as well or, even stop production. Like we do have good builders, reviving old clans as newer versions. But, we never got much changes and, we are slow as well. We lost a lot we used to be, and we are just rebuilding. If anything, we kind of need to reform the forums and do something more to gain members.

They do have a point that the forums are generally hostile. Nobody new can join without being accused of being an alt, so to immediately have to prove your identity and essentially be persecuted doesn't help. We also have to keep in mind that many are kids who really have no concept of "forum etiquette" and are immediately met with hostility instead of being redirected to something a little more helpful so that they can learn from their mistakes.

And if the new kids don't get accused of being an alt, they're getting drama'd and driven into sperging out before committing forum Self Delete. Also about the Steam Community and Blockland, you would kinda understand the negativity they have about us better by crawling through the negative reviews(Not just the most recent ones, just reading most of the negative reviews in general) or viewing the older pages of Blockland's steam discussion.

The new members that have been coming in the past 1-2 years have all been tough to deal with. We need some productive and useful people that actually enjoy putting effort into learning the game instead of people who just blend in to the crowd and post on the forums most of the time.

There's nobody to fill in for us old members who seem to be slowly leaving the game. Some have returned like Big Brother though.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:06:01 PM by Ravencroft· »

The difficult part is being original and having a server that hosts said originality. A lot of the "original" ideas have their own mods like pictionar and Jail Break.

Some servers like City and other RPGs are not always as fun nor does it accommodate for everyone.

Theres also issue of how many players are on playing, some servers require more than 1 player to make the game interesting, like my Lava DM. If it had 4+ people on at the same time, it would be fun, however I only see 1, top 2 people on the server at the same time, causing what would be a fun server, just boring.

Its a lot to consider and sometimes just plain luck plays a role as well. Dead servers don't exactly attract people to join you know?

One of the best things that works in 99% of games would be updates, give people a reason to come back to the game, or possibly bring older players back to the game.

Thier gonna be all like:
"Blockland actually updated?!"
"YEA DUDE IKR"
"I thought id never see the day"
"Bruh get on blockland, it actually updated!"
"Youre joking."
"NO IM SERIOUS BRUH"
I mean, nothing makes people more excited than updates.
Not hotfixes, but actual updates, those bricks that were added a long time ago were actually cool, yknow that coffin and tombstone?
It was small, but cool, what ever happened to this avatar options update?

I also support this

If badspot were to post buy links on any other websites he has, or you try and spread the word locally in real life.

What about first impressions for newcomers? All it takes is one cancerous server(CityRPGs, RPs, etc) or one badmin and the newcomer gets the impression that all servers are like that. Even if the newcomer doesnt see any of those two, he will see the community's rather relaxed stance on things(To him, its an edgy, offensive as forget community while to us its just plain not giving a stuff and not taking things seriously) on the more respectable servers and instantly jump the gun, leaving yet another bad review.

Before I start throwing out ideas, I need to ask something: Is ID Discrimination still a thing?

Before I start throwing out ideas, I need to ask something: Is ID Discrimination still a thing?
it is always a thing and its annoying but its usually for the less mature folk

What about first impressions for newcomers? All it takes is one cancerous server(CityRPGs, RPs, etc) or one badmin and the newcomer gets the impression that all servers are like that. Even if the newcomer doesnt see any of those two, he will see the community's rather relaxed stance on things(To him, its an edgy, offensive as forget community while to us its just plain not giving a stuff and not taking things seriously) on the more respectable servers and instantly jump the gun, leaving yet another bad review.
I told my friend about Blockland, but all did he said Blockland looks old and that it should be moved to Unity or something like that.
My other friend I bought Blockland and he had some fun with it.

clickbait titles
i named my server gay island anime it got 7 players in 20 minutes before my internet went down

A less agressive community

we need more good servers, i always find myuself bored ebcause its the same thing over and over. idk how to get ppl to host better servers tho

well i have an idea for a intersting server but meh

two teams

huge ocean battlefield

each team has one aircraft carrier 2 bombers 1 fighter 5 Battleships

TDM

kill untill one team wins

but idk if i'll make it or not :P

well i have an idea for a intersting server but meh

two teams

huge ocean battlefield

each team has one aircraft carrier 2 bombers 1 fighter 5 Battleships

TDM

kill untill one team wins

but idk if i'll make it or not :P

reminds me of wizzards dog fight but more ships

whether or not the battleships are vehicles or builds will determine the real "style" of the game