Author Topic: N.W.A. "Straight Outta Compton" is now preserved in the Library of Congress  (Read 1832 times)

http://laist.com/2017/03/29/nwa_loc.php
this is absolutely loving amazing, the legendary "straight outta compton" by nwa has been deemed worthy of putting into the library of congress for being culturally significant, as it pretty much contributed greatly to making gangster culture a mainstream thing (it may sound like im being sarcastic but im actually not)
just going to mention that one of the songs in this album is just a giant insult to cops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so
/discuss
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:03:10 PM by Mr Queeba »

wow

that's pretty loving cool

Is this really the type of thing worthy of being in the Library of Congress

of course not

david bowie's ziggy stardust got in too btw

I think every tweet ever made is also in the Library of Congress. Think about all of the dumbass tweets you've read.

I think every tweet ever made is also in the Library of Congress. Think about all of the dumbass tweets you've read.

Why not, this album had a huge impact on the world pretty much.

Yes, the Library of Congress is meant to preserve historically significant music. Whether you enjoy it or not Straight Out of Compton is very significant. Elvis is in the Library of Congress and he is less original than NWA. But his influence was major enough to warrant preservation of his music.

wtf? should we also ban old literature because it's a bit tribal? this album is undoubtedly historically significant--just because you think it's offensive or in poor taste is irrelevant. also 'forget tha police' is a great song.

its interesting to see a group that advocates for the murdering of police officials to be held in such high light by the government

its interesting to see a group that advocates for the murdering of police officials to be held in such high light by the government
Guys, I think somebody hacked PhantOS.