Author Topic: Flip Mod (Player_PhysicsJump) [by Hata/tommybricksetti]  (Read 13851 times)

he's only mad because he can't sell this stuff off to other people anymore

I definitely told you not to release this. In fact I said "I won't give this to you if you're going to release it." but I guess your word isn't valuable.
PRIVATE addon, do not steal or use without my permissino......

It's not your decision to make. Recall our discussion when you asked about releasing it. You said you would make your own version and release that. This is not that.
i changed my mind since i figured that since you haven't posted in nearly 4 years, you don't care about this game nor the community anymore. on top of that you have updated versions of this mod and the grapple rope, and the original versions i have are over 3 years old.

although i respect the fact you made the mod, i've decided that it would be more beneficial to the modding community + the community at large if this was released. honestly i'm surprised you even found this topic, let alone replied to it.

also, im fairly sure you never respected me in the first place, so why do you expect me to respect your wishes?
Quote from: Hata
So I noticed a trend in the people who view me similarly to how you do, versus the people I'm friends with online. You guys are less open-minded and give yourself a lot of credit, across the board. A lot of my friends also have either good, or better social skills. Take this as unoffensively as possible, idk how to mitigate its impact further without tone of voice or body

conan you a real mvp

This is a really fun mod, especially on Stikfas's server. Tommy, I would suggest looking past this and see that people enjoy this.

i changed my mind since i figured that since you haven't posted in nearly 4 years, you don't care about this game nor the community anymore. on top of that you have updated versions of this mod and the grapple rope, and the original versions i have are over 3 years old.

although i respect the fact you made the mod, I've decided that it would be more beneficial to the modding community + the community at large if this was released. honestly i'm surprised you even found this topic, let alone replied to it.
Again, it's not your decision to make. At the very least you should've asked me first.

I didn't hear an apology either, just excuses and justifications.

Obviously, I'm still not okay with you releasing it. So you should have, out of respect for the fact that it's not even your creation to begin with, confirmed with me first. Or at least offered to take the topic down immediately after I responded. (Don't bother now, it's fine)

If you had contacted me, I would've told you:
#1. No I'm not okay with you releasing it on my behalf.
#2. I'm going to release a more updated version later down the line, along with a few other formerly private mods.

Again, it's not your decision to make. At the very least you should've asked me first.

I didn't hear an apology either, just excuses and justifications.

Obviously, I'm still not okay with you releasing it. So you should have, out of respect for the fact that it's not even your creation to begin with, confirmed with me first. Or at least offered to take the topic down immediately after I responded. (Don't bother now, it's fine)

If you had contacted me, I would've told you:
#1. No I'm not okay with you releasing it on my behalf.
#2. I'm going to release a more updated version later down the line, along with a few other formerly private mods.
you're still dodging the question like 5 people have asked you already: why should it be private in the first place?? what's the reason for keeping this add-on totally private despite it fully working?

has it really taken almost three years to loving do this??? you can't just suddenly say 'i was going to release it anyway' when you've been completely disconnected from this game for almost three years
it's loving sad enough that it's taken three years for this add-on to be released by someone else anyway - it should've been released as it was finished
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:54:22 AM by K3k0m@n »

also, im fairly sure you never respected me in the first place, so why do you expect me to respect your wishes?
I was gonna ignore this, but I'll reply since you posted the quote publicly.

I don't have any hard feelings towards you whatsoever. In fact, I wanted to be friends, and am still open to it.

Also, respect is not a gift, it's a baseline. If someone gives you reason to not to respect them, go for it.

In my case, though, it's not an issue of me "not respecting you" or "not liking you", but that you take everything personally and get super defensive. If you had decent self-esteem, my rhetoric wouldn't bother you.

I will acknowledge though, that:
#1. I sound more aggressive online than in-person. (Missing nonverbal communication - e.g. I tend to smile a lot, and I'm visibly happy most of the time)
#2. Until this past Summer, I used to be a lot more abrasive, and impatient, with people.

you're still dodging the question like 5 people have asked you already: why should it be private in the first place??
Not even. I skipped over most of the comments in the thread.

This is a good opportunity to point out a major flaw with a lot of people in 'the community'; way too entitled.

Could you explain to me why it is that you feel you DESERVE access to something you had no part in creating. You do realize it takes skill and effort to make an Add-On right?

If I choose to release it, be thankful. Otherwise, it's none of your business. You could ask out of curiosity, but I don't have to answer. It's totally absurd that you guys can get so mad about this.

It's like saying "Hey, that kid won't share his toys with me, but I deserve to play with them." instead of directly asking him "Hey, could I play with your toys too?" and accepting whatever answer you get.

why should it be private in the first place?? what's the reason for keeping this add-on totally private despite it fully working?
So if you'd actually asked me directly, via PM or in-game, I would've told you the following:

I don't make mods 'for the community'; I make mods to test out different gameplay mechanic ideas, for myself. I don't care about "Community Status" or any of that other make-believe b.s. some of you guys subscribe to.

Also, honestly, I used to be concerned that if I released a mod, people would very easily be able to take credit for it later. The easiest way to prevent this was to not release my best mods at all. As of now though, I'm currently building a Blockland Coding Profile on YouTube, and including some of the forum topics. So I don't really have an authorship issue anymore.

Does that answer your question?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:45:05 AM by tommybricksetti »

what a discrace to the bricksetti name

when you return to a community you haven’t interacted with in 4 years to fight for your right to make it stufftier

TRUST me guys, just another 4 years of radio silence and I would’ve release my private mods, you have my word bro

PRIVATE addon, do not steal or use without my permissino......
permissioso

I don't make mods 'for the community'; I make mods to test out different gameplay mechanic ideas, for myself. I don't care about "Community Status" or any of that other make-believe b.s. some of you guys subscribe to.
while i do kinda understand what u mean, the way ur thinking about it is rather selfish ngl
Also, honestly, I used to be concerned that if I released a mod, people would very easily be able to take credit for it later. The easiest way to prevent this was to not release my best mods at all.
or u could just release it under ur name?? like how would someone else take credit for them

this is still a really cool add-on u've made, and it'd be cool to see this on other servers too
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:31:17 PM by gr8dayseth »

private modder autists utterly BTFO