Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 431172 times)

Will shadows effect Blockheads?

Also, More pictures?

Yes. Later. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:27:25 AM by kompressor »

Anti-aliasing as an option?

No change in this update. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:30:46 AM by kompressor »

Fluid moving water?

Not in this update. -- kompressor

EDIT: Woah our posts got deleted

Off topic posts will be moderated, take it to general if you want to speculate on things not in this update. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:32:22 AM by kompressor »

Will this make skybox changing more effective? Examples of skybox changing would be a day/night mod.

We hope to allow this. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:32:38 AM by kompressor »

Sorry, silly question.

Will the admin orb be casting any shadows?

It's made of particles, so no. -- kompressor

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:38:18 AM by Tetris »

How many lines of code did shadow renders take?

Will this allow vehicle or weapon makers to have vehicle and weapon model shadows by default, rather than making them or w/e?

The net change to the Blockland code base to add shadows will be around -50,000 lines of code. Shadows will be cast from geometry exactly as it is drawn. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:35:57 AM by kompressor »

Sorry, silly question.

Will the admin orb be casting any shadows?

It's made of particles, so no. -- kompressor
Make the image have a light fx, that way it will glow all pretty and light up rooms you're flying around in.

Otherwise I'll make a mod for it. No biggie.

Good to know. I think it's worth looking in to. I think that some sort of randomly generated terrain could add a whole new angle to the game.

To him who does this, great honor and glory. -- kompressor
Challenge accepted.

The net change to the Blockland code base to add shadows will be around -50,000 lines of code. Shadows will be cast from geometry exactly as it is drawn. -- kompressor

Great. Vehicles will now be so much better because of this. A picture of the Blockstang in a sunset is what I have in mind.

Since this topic seems to be more focused around shadows, what are your plans for fixing the BrickTOP texture and how they react to this new lighting?

I have some plans on this subject. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:39:51 AM by kompressor »

so with these new shadows, will the shadows of players bounce off onto other players/bricks?

Hopefully. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:50:01 AM by kompressor »

When is this update speculated to go live? If not an exact date, could you give an estimate in weeks?

No. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:50:13 AM by kompressor »

Will there be a fix to the fact that only 8 lights can be rendered at a time?

Maybe. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:51:00 AM by kompressor »

It was then that I realized that the Golden Brick would never be discovered, and I would never unlock Blockland Adventure Mode.

Serious Edit: Will this in any way effect existing mods, excluding the obvious ones that involve terrain and such?

No, scripting, networking, GUI, etc are all left alone. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:55:01 AM by kompressor »

No more Bedroom, Kitchen, Slopes etc.?